Dynadot

Stress!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have 8 days to ask a girl to the prom - but it's so difficult! Argh, why must I be so nervous?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why stress bro?

If you like her and want to take her and you're close/kind-of close, just mention it.

Imagine if you don't and she wanted you too, You'd be broken, Least you'd know if she wanted to or not, No harm in trying!

•••
We don't actually talk much - so we're definitely not close/kind-of close. I did manage to ask though. It still took me half an hour of wandering around school, and lurking outside the room she was in, pretending I was just warming myself on the radiator whenever someone walked past (I got some odd looks, lol). I finally thought "If I keep waiting for the opportune moment, I will never ask. It's now or never."

•••
Mikor said:
We don't actually talk much - so we're definitely not close/kind-of close. I did manage to ask though. It still took me half an hour of wandering around school, and lurking outside the room she was in, pretending I was just warming myself on the radiator whenever someone walked past (I got some odd looks, lol). I finally thought "If I keep waiting for the opportune moment, I will never ask. It's now or never."
Well, it's good to know that you made yourself do it. I'm just the same for such things, I wait till the last minute, but by then it's already to late.

-Commes

•••
How was the result, it takes me a while to ask too.

•••
•••
Yea, i guess thats the plus to having a gf, little to no stress 2 ask and its kinda implied. But hey good job on doing it. Any results?

•••
She said she would think about it. Some people have told me that's a bad sign, others have said different. So I'll just have to wait and see. I'll be getting my answer on Monday.

•••
•••
When I asked someone to the prom last year I txted them to ask :D. She said yes but she was insulted that I txted rofl. I send mid x,xxx txts a month btw. I don't talk much. So it wasn't really out of cowardness. But it was hilarious. :)

•••
Only x,xxx texts? :p

My phone bill is worse then renewals.

•••
James said:
Only x,xxx texts? :p

My phone bill is worse then renewals.
:D You got that right!

•••
I suppose it's a good thing I don't have a phone then :P

•••
Mikor said:
I suppose it's a good thing I don't have a phone then :P
Not really, depends if you have a girlfriend or not ;)

•••
you think thats stress :|
lol...

•••
Mike_Wiseman said:
you think thats stress :|
lol...
I have a very stress-free life :P

•••
Agreed with what Mike said.

I've had three girls ask me out to the prom so far, and I said no to each because I think high school relationships are a joke - for kiddies who want to pretend that they're all grown up when the reality is that you'll probably go to a different college and never see them ever again. That concept is way too superficial for me to bear.

Real stress comes with extremely difficult academics :imho:

-Frikkle :)

•••
Frikkle said:
Agreed with what Mike said.

I've had three girls ask me out to the prom so far, and I said no to each because I think high school relationships are a joke - for kiddies who want to pretend that they're all grown up when the reality is that you'll probably go to a different college and never see them ever again. That concept is way too superficial for me to bear.

Real stress comes with extremely difficult academics :imho:

-Frikkle :)

It never hurts to experiment, get to know who you really want to be with in the long run, you can really learn a thing or two from high school relationships.

•••
/me gets popcorn and waits for her reply...

•••
AcBush said:
/me gets popcorn and waits for her reply...
Only 24 minutes until I know, save some popcorn for me.

•••
•••
No reply is a good reply.. right? :(

•••
It didn't go particularly well, I, err, didn't ask :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back