STOP ppc ads on Parked domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
It should be illegal to show ppc ads on default landing pages of domains,
if this is done by the registrar.

Why should it be illegal. Because it is a crime according to UDRP.
I mean if we can lose a domain because of those PPC ads, we are paying a penalty so there must be a crime here;
who is committing that crime, of course the registrar is doing it.

I'm basically complaining about Dynadot, but
many others like Godaddy is also doing it.
They don't share the revenue, and they give "full evidence"
to any company of bad faith+no legitimate interest.
And confusing similarity is extremely vague and open for
interpretation even if that interpretation is pure insult to everyone's intelligence.

So in short, if you register a domain at Dynadot, be ready to lose it in ANY Udrp.
You will lose because they are evil, not only the company making the claim,
and udrp lawyers they bribe or blackmail, but also registrars posting those disgusting ppc ads
are fully guilty in these scams.

ICANN should stop this domain PPC terror, but before Icann does it,
youcann fix yourself without hearing an official warning from them.

Important thing is that it is really a crime to show such ads;
no regulation needed. There can't be a penalty without crime, so it is crime.
Registrars are committing these crimes for personal gain using (abusing) customer domains.
Also they should pay for any UDRP decision lost because of those ppc ads,
but it is not clear how much they should pay, so they should stop it NOW !

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
are u real? just use another dns or url.forward

•••
UDRP comes without notice, and they collect evidence first, and your counterevidences are not counted. Their illogical arguments are counted as real. They say 2+2=5, and it is accepted as truth. In this case we need to give ZERO evidence to these scammers, evil chld scrfcrs. We don't give it, but they take it by force with help from
registrars.

SO, What are we supped to do after registering a domain: immediately change its dns, or make url forwarding?
Enormous waste of time, plus if you park at sedo or afternic, it is another bad faith evidence for them.

Current Dyndaot defauld dns shows ppc, but also they seem to allow people to contact domain owners, so there is also a good side. We don't want to avoid this good side, but it is certified crime according to the people at the top of internet to show ppc ads, and if someone else displays ppc ads it is your crime. If someone keeps your gun, and you don't want it back yet, and meanwhile he kills someone with gun, and he is caught, and everyone knows it is purely his mistake to kill that innocent person, still you are executed, no exception.

•••
are u real? just use another dns or url.forward

So you are ok with a registrar putting by default ads on your landers without asking you

•••
So you are ok with a registrar putting by default ads on your landers without asking you

who forces u to use such registrar. that's right nobody. in fact u freely willingly go there agree to use their service... including ads... and even pay them to do so when u register domain.. but like I said all this is bs useless convo because those ads are changed and removed with 1 click of dns change... there.. hope now u are clear as a.glass of vodka.

•••

They don't ask, you agree by using them (like alcy said).

Dynadot:
9 DOMAIN PARKING

9.1 Dynadot shall implement its own parked page ("Default Parked Page") for every new registered domain name until such time that You input nameserver values for the domain name.

9.2 A domain name set to Default Parked Page may contain third-party links and commercial advertising related to the domain name's meaning and to Your competitors.

9.3 The Default Parked Page may contain links to other websites. Dynadot shall not be responsible for the content, accuracy, or opinions expressed in such other websites, and such other websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Dynadot. Inclusion of any linked website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Dynadot.
https://www.dynadot.com/terms-of-use

Godaddy:
10. DEFAULT SETTINGS; PARKED PAGE
Choosing Your Domain Name Settings. When you register a domain name with GoDaddy, you will be prompted to choose your domain name settings during the checkout process. If you plan on using another provider for your website or hosting needs, then you should enter the name servers of such provider when you choose your domain name settings. This will direct your domain name away from GoDaddy’s name servers. If you are an existing GoDaddy customer and have already set up a customer profile designating your domain name settings for new domain name registrations, you will not need to complete this step again during the checkout process.

GoDaddy’s Default Settings. If you do not direct your domain name away from GoDaddy’s name servers as described above, GoDaddy will direct your domain name to a “Parked Page” (“Default Setting”). You acknowledge and agree that GoDaddy has the right to set the Default Setting.

Parked Page Default Setting. GoDaddy's Parked Page service is an online domain monetization system designed to generate revenue (through the use of pay per click advertising) from domain names that are not actively being used as websites. If your domain name is directed to a Parked Page, you acknowledge and agree that GoDaddy may display both (a) in-house advertising (which includes links to GoDaddy products and services) and (b) third-party advertising (which includes links to third-party products and services) on your Parked Page through the use of pop-up or pop-under browser windows, banner advertisements, audio or video streams, or any other advertising means, and we may aggregate for our own use, related usage data by means of cookies and other similar means. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that all in-house and third-party advertising will be selected by GoDaddy and its advertising partners, as appropriate, and you will not be permitted to customize the advertising, or entitled to any compensation in exchange therefor. Please note that the third-party advertising displayed on GoDaddy’s Parked Pages may contain content offensive to you, including but not limited to links to adult content. GoDaddy makes no effort to edit, control, monitor, or restrict the content and third-party advertising displayed on GoDaddy’s Parked Pages, and expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility to you or any third party in connection therewith.
https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/domain-name-registration-agreement

Last edited:
•••
They don't ask, you agree by using them (like alcy said).

So you are ok with whatever is written in a Registrar's Terms of Use as long as they don't force you to use them

Do I understand your stance correctly?

•••
So you are ok with whatever is written in a Registrar's Terms of Use as long as they don't force you to use them

Do I understand your stance correctly?

I never said I'm ok with their terms or stated my stance.

I simply stated what's in their terms.

•••
I never said I'm ok with their terms or stated my stance.

I simply stated what's in their terms.

lol anyone who uses any company is ok with their terms. u included.

•••
"By using our services you agree that I will steal your money, r-pe your w-fe and moreover I 'll k-ll you."

I have to use those services, or similar ones, I don't agree those terms but I still have to use those services, and pretend I agree to them.

It is a crime to post those ads because we are losing domains only because of those ads posted by registrars against our will. No domain is safe anymore, if UDRP terror stays the way it is; and registrars continue posting PPC ads. So there is a crime when we lose a domain, but it is someone else's crime. Registrars' fault is helping that crime (domain theft via UNWIPO/UDRP domain terrorists pretending to be lawyers..) . Knowingly helping a crime is a crime.

Icann should watch this thread and prevent registrars from posting PPC ads and running scripts which have bad intentions, otherwise Icann is part of the crime as well.

Last edited:
•••
lol anyone who uses any company is ok with their terms. u included.

Yes, I know that. I also never stated that I use either of those companies.

Why all the hostility for trying to contribute to the thread? I'll stop now.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I know that. I also never stated that I use either of those companies.

Why all the hostility for trying to contribute to the thread? I'll stop now.

if u turn simple comments with lol into hositily then yes its best u never socialize again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back