Domain Empire

Stock PHotos -- Legalities of Use

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know if there are stock photo sites which allow for use of the images in website designs and logos which are sold?
I was under the impression most did, but in looking at their licensing, it doesn't appear to be the case. For example, Stockxpert.com --

http://www.stockxpert.com/info.phtml?f=help&s=11_3

If anyone is aware of the legalities, I'd appreciate the information. I do see the images in logos for sale on this forum, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's stated in the terms that you may not resell the images from the site, I guess those other people are taking a risk, that's all. But there are many many stock photo sites, I'm sure you'll find one that has a different policy.

•••
Some stock photo sources offer extended licensing options at an additional cost - Istockphoto for example, allows unlimited use for reselling in electronic templates for (I think) 75 credits. Not sure if all images on the site are available with the extended license ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back