IT.COM

domain stock.be

NameSilo
Watch

nandi7

Impact
I'm the owner of this one. What do you think? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No Comments, REDACTED. Thanks,

Last edited:
•••
This is probably worth more than reg fee, but difficult to appraise.
Let's look at potential indicators.

Pros:
1. Single, short, dictionary word.
2. Registered in hundreds of TLD's, indicating potential.
3. Highly marketable keyword.

Cons:
1. BE is 58 most popular TLD.
2. English is not the official language of Belgium.
3. Belgium is a small country with a relative small population.

Potential markets:
1. Stock markets.
2. Stock photos/video/graphics etc.
3. Storage facilities?
4. Crypto?

Now for some speculation.
I would value the .com at >$500k, and because .com is king it all goes downhill from there.

Value drops off rapidly as we progress down the TLD popularity list, especially when involving a CC TLD that does not match the language of its associated country, although English domain names are almost always the second best for any CC TLD.
There are occasional value bumps as we progress down the list, with some names being more valuable in .IO than they are in .ORG, .RU being useless for much of the world and .CO being more generic than some higher up domains. One may also encounter the occasional domain hack that serves as a value multiplier.
However, .BE doesn't really have any clear upside, especially not in this particular case.

BE is way down at 58. It does have a population with decent English proficiency, as either a second or third language. But that's about it.

I honestly can't see it go for more than $2k (less than 1% chance in 5 years) but I wouldn't drop it either.
A Belgian stock market blogger might pick it up, or a photographer might use it to market their work.
Best case scenario might be a larger company acquiring it for localization purposes.

•••
$15 to $45 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back