Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vellot

Established Member
Impact
How much can it be?

I think it'll be a good one name for site of small quiet hotel placed somewere in calmness...
I have assotiations with peacefull place.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it could be 1 million dollars... to the buyer with same associations as you.

otherwise it will be zero dollars. to everyone else.

the value of your domain unless its a one word english dictionairy (and even then..) is in the eye of the beerholder.. I mean beholder..

cheers

•••
I don't really think using the adjective "still" really works in English to instill the idea of quiet/calm... Makes me think that the hotel itself is still - unexciting and dull.

That being said, it is still a brandable domain for a hotel. The way it is worded it would need to be the site for a specific hotel, not a generic site about still hotels. So understanding that, you would need to find an enduser that wanted to name their hotel that too (if they didn't) already... personally I think it is a tough sell. I'd put it at regfee/$0 for reseller (too difficult to sell with high risk) and low $xx to low $xxx for enduser, assuming you can find one. If you do find an enduser, it is more likely to be a smaller business and they pay much less.

Hope this helps!

•••
Alcy and svede
thank you for your opinions and for your time! I very appreciate your help! :alien2:

It's bad for me that this domain name almost have no value. But I'll try to do my best with purchasing new domain names!

•••
the value of your domain unless its a one word english dictionairy (and even then..)

So why (for example)
lastminutehotel.com has been sold for 20,500 USD in 2007?

Or may be
tradewindshotel.com (10,000 USD, 2012) is much better for reading and understanding?;)
And so why provincetownhotel.com found his purchaser for 6000$ in far 2013?

•••
tradewind is like STILL
so the buyer and seller just had same associations like you said

and lastminute is different category
cause it means getting hotel last minute.
but even then you need a lot of luck to get 20k for that.
maybe the site had loads of traffic?
then more value

anbd provincetown is also different than STILL.. cause it refers somewhat to location

cheers

Last edited:
•••
Well, here are some differences I see:

- I could see LastMinuteHotel.com being a generic site for deals rather the specific name of an existing hotel. In that I could see a lot more value in this.

- TradeWindsHotel.com is like @alcy said more in line with StillHotel.com in the sense that it is a brandable that represents an existing hotel. But what is different, is that I could much more easily see it being a real hotel. Actually, Googling it I find a number of matching businesses for it, where for StillHotel I only find "Stil Hotel" (Italian and not the same at all) and "Still Waters" type resorts which again is very different from StillHotel.

- ProvincetownHotel.com is a Geo+Hotel.com which always have decent inherent value, especially the bigger/valuable the geo location.

Hope that helps!

•••
@svede, @alcy thank you again! Your answeres are good and detailed! :roll::lookaround:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back