Dynadot

discuss Startup registered gtld of my .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DaVisionz

Established Member
Impact
I'm looking for advice after I identified that a startup for a new social media platform has now registered the .app gTLD that matches my .com (registered in 2005). I feel that if I reach out now, I'd be cutting my sales potential significantly, but worry if I wait too long that as a startup they may be insolvent. They launch their platform in April.

If I were in their position, I feel I would spend money on the front end to get my .com match given the popularity of the extension. But this situation, I've never been lucky enough to come across.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree with @nononsense123 they are not interested at the moment, it is unknown if they will be interested in the future.
So just wait for the right time and person to buy it.

•••
$14k is an affordable price for a funded startup, hang in there and forget that you own it. Let them come when they are ready.

•••
My apologies for not seeing my notifications on this.

Update:

I am not in any need to sell quickly and have held for 5 years already. Will continue to do so indefinitely if I have to do so.

I did hear from the guy today, he brings up that he noticed my price increase a few months ago (before I had seen his .app domain registration) and accused me of raising my price for having noticed his registration.

So I know at this point he's been watching my lander for a while. In his email he started He wants to have a chat with me and "get to know me."

His initial offer is reg fees for the time I've owned it...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back