Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Ive been quite concerned about the sales on SH till last week, but have sold 2 domains in a week: Now Watt for 1690 USD and Cash Raffle in king for 4800 USD in installments.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think SH listing is completely free for your own registered names. They limited my account to 5 free listings only. Once used, you have to purchase coin's for each listing.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Such a big deal haha
Leaving aside the irony... Squadhelp landers are kind of unique: You can add a Visual Image for free, you can add a logo for five bucks, you can edit the classification of your domains for a better on-page SEO etc.

Also, Squadhelp landers are very well indexed by Google. I guess that when you're spending two million dollars per year in advertising, probably more than all of the other marketplaces combined, you'll be pretty well indexed. :)

•••
Leaving aside the irony... Squadhelp landers are kind of unique: You can add a Visual Image for free, you can add a logo for five bucks, you can edit the classification of your domains for a better on-page SEO etc.

Also, Squadhelp landers are very well indexed by Google. I guess that when you're spending two million dollars per year in advertising, probably more than all of the other marketplaces combined, you'll be pretty well indexed. :)
Indeed but brandables on standard listings will never be found by typing a domain on the browser.
They will also most likely have other issues hence they were not approved, so a full presentation will be a minus instead of a plus.

Last edited:
•••
used to take 2-3 days but now seems to take over 10 days... makes me regret buying coins to mass submit names...

I noticed it, too. However I had submitted a name 2 days ago using coins and they appraised it today (so in 2 days), so hopefully it will be fast again.

•••
Why do I have to pay $2 for SquadHelp to allow me sell my domain names on Afternic?

That's totally absurd given the fact that they still get 10% commission for a sale they had nothing to do with.

If you submit a domain using a coin, then listing that domain on Afternic will be free.
And when you have a lot of points, you can use your points to buy coins at 50% discount.
Then you can buy a coin for $0.5 and if you use that coin to submit a domain, then you will be able to list the domain on Afternic without additional coins.

•••
Can someone tell me what's the purpose of standard listings if they don't appear in the SH website search, even if you search using the exact keyword/ name? Is it only for the use of SH Landers?

- they give you a landing page with live chat, phone number, several payment options, description, keywords
- ability to add a lifestyle image
- installment payments
- ability to buy logo and marketing exposure
- your standard domain can appear on other SH white label marketplaces (WLM)
- low commission, lower than for example on Dan
- revenue generating landing pages
- your other premium and standard domains will appear below your standard listing, so your standard listings can drive traffic to your other standard and premium listings (so make sure to list your standard domains on Afternic Fast Transfer network)

•••
These new explainer videos on the Squadhelp landing pages are great, no other marketplace does this. Squadhelp is leading the innovation yet again.

(HugeDomains has a short video on their landing pages, but that video is very short and not really an explainer video.)

•••
Yeah, I like those new explainer videos too :)

Last edited:
•••
I've received yesterday an e-mail from Squadhelp saying that one of my .com premium domains has been developed in the .net extension. Interesting feature. :)

Attachments

• My .com domain developed in .net.jpg
    My .com domain developed in .net.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 77
•••
I've received yesterday an e-mail from Squadhelp saying that one of my .com premium domains has been developed in the .net extension. Interesting feature. :)

I received it too. Great feature, because it is more accurate than simply counting the number of registered TLDs. It is a stronger signal if a domain registered in another TLD is actually a live website, not just a registered, parked domain without any content.

•••
I received it too. Great feature, because it is more accurate than simply counting the number of registered TLDs. It is a stronger signal if a domain registered in another TLD is actually a live website, not just a registered, parked domain without any content.
While I think its a nice feature it really has very little to do with if the name will sell soon or at all. Stats don’t guarantee or predict sales that is for sure otherwise all the stat chasers out there would be multi millionaires.

Names that sell are often the unexpected ones and often regged only in com. Which really is to be somewhat expected with brandables. (Especially the open vessel type)

•••
While I think its a nice feature it really has very little to do with if the name will sell soon or at all. Stats don’t guarantee or predict sales that is for sure otherwise all the stat chasers out there would be multi millionaires.

Names that sell are often the unexpected ones and often regged only in com. Which really is to be somewhat expected with brandables. (Especially the open vessel type)

https://www.squadhelp.com/blog/2021-in-review-squadhelp/
https://www.squadhelp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/image-4.png

The more TLDs taken, the higher the sell-through rate will be on average.
(provided your BIN is realistic and those other TLDs were registered by different people)

•••
https://www.squadhelp.com/blog/2021-in-review-squadhelp/
https://www.squadhelp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/image-4.png

The more TLDs taken, the higher the sell-through rate will be on average.
(provided your BIN is realistic and those other TLDs were registered by different people)
Maybe the case on SH because many sales are to other domainers who care about that sort of thing and SH prices generally very low.

I am just stating my personal experiences and close friends selling brandables on many platforms the last 6 years and what I have read and absorbed here.

Brandables are a different beast than exact match etc and only requirement is someone likes it and the price enough to click the buy button.

This isn’t strictly a science. Its an art.

•••
Maybe the case on SH because many sales are to other domainers who care about that sort of thing and SH prices generally very low.

I am just stating my personal experiences and close friends selling brandables on many platforms the last 6 years and what I have read and absorbed here.

Brandables are a different beast than exact match etc and only requirement is someone likes it and the price enough to click the buy button.

This isn’t strictly a science. Its an art.

I think these are just end user sales, not on the wholesale marketplace. Other domainers won't buy on Squadhelp at end user rates, that would be way too expensive.

Generally speaking if the domain itself is valuable, then other people will start registering that domain in other TLDs. Sure you can still sell a domain available only in 1 TLD for $2000-$5000 (or more), but you can sell a domain registered in more TLDs for even higher prices.

•••
How 's your sales level on SH lately? Lower? Higher? Same as usual? :)

•••
•••
Well, it is time to pull trigger with SH. While I have just 107 or so names listed with them, they haven't delivered a sale in about a year. That is with quite a low pricing and huge commission that I had agreed at the time, expecting that SH would be beating AN/regular lander performance to justify it. They completely fail in that while having the audacity to demand that names at AN should be listed at higher prices. Basically, admitting that given similar price people would still prefer to buy elsewhere even with the domain pointing to SH.

Regardless, not just for last year, but for the few years that SH sold 5 names for me out of the batch, even Afternic (with no logos and no waiting, picking names and all the hastle) has outperformed them for me, albeit on a bigger sample size. Regardless, few years and 112 names (with sold) is enough for me to draw the conclusion. All that gamification without actual sales delivered is pointless.

I believe SH with all of its oversaturation can still be ok for some, if they are willing to spend lots of time participating in the contests and jumping regularly through all the hoops of boosts and so on. That is if they put zero value on their hours spent.

•••
I think these are just end user sales, not on the wholesale marketplace. Other domainers won't buy on Squadhelp at end user rates, that would be way too expensive.

Generally speaking if the domain itself is valuable, then other people will start registering that domain in other TLDs. Sure you can still sell a domain available only in 1 TLD for $2000-$5000 (or more), but you can sell a domain registered in more TLDs for even higher prices.
You have alot to learn and I mean that as respectfully as possible. People routinely sell domains at SH BrandBucket Brandpa etc that end up a week later on a lander with a much higher price. There are domainers who routinely buy at those prices.

•••
You have alot to learn and I mean that as respectfully as possible. People routinely sell domains at SH BrandBucket Brandpa etc that end up a week later on a lander with a much higher price. There are domainers who routinely buy at those prices.
The prices at BrandBucket and Squadhelp are very reasonable prices, if you buy a domain at those prices and then you later try to sell it at a higher price, that is a huge gamble and you would need a very deep pocket doing this, since these names cost minimum $2000 per name.

I agree it can be a strategy, but I find it too risky.

And if you buy a domain on Squadhelp, then you cannot list it again on Squadhelp.

•••
Well, it is time to pull trigger with SH. While I have just 107 or so names listed with them, they haven't delivered a sale in about a year. That is with quite a low pricing and huge commission that I had agreed at the time, expecting that SH would be beating AN/regular lander performance to justify it. They completely fail in that while having the audacity to demand that names at AN should be listed at higher prices. Basically, admitting that given similar price people would still prefer to buy elsewhere even with the domain pointing to SH.

Regardless, not just for last year, but for the few years that SH sold 5 names for me out of the batch, even Afternic (with no logos and no waiting, picking names and all the hastle) has outperformed them for me, albeit on a bigger sample size. Regardless, few years and 112 names (with sold) is enough for me to draw the conclusion. All that gamification without actual sales delivered is pointless.

I believe SH with all of its oversaturation can still be ok for some, if they are willing to spend lots of time participating in the contests and jumping regularly through all the hoops of boosts and so on. That is if they put zero value on their hours spent.

I don't understand these kind of posts, if you will list these 107 names elsewhere (let's say on Dan or on the Afternic lander), then you will have an even lower STR. Why? Simple: because Squadhelp drives a lot of traffic to your Squadhelp landing pages and at the same time your domains are also listed on Afternic (Fast Transfer) and Sedo.

Now what will change if you delete Squadhelp from this equation? Then you will get even less eyeballs, because now you will lose the Squadhelp traffic. So this means you will have an even lower STR.

A landing page such Dan won't drive extra traffic to your listing, they just provide you a landing page to capture the type-in traffic.

•••
I don't understand these kind of posts, if you will list these 107 names elsewhere (let's say on Dan or on the Afternic lander), then you will have an even lower STR. Why? Simple: because Squadhelp drives a lot of traffic to your Squadhelp landing pages and at the same time your domains are also listed on Afternic (Fast Transfer) and Sedo.

Now what will change if you delete Squadhelp from this equation? Then you will get even less eyeballs, because now you will lose the Squadhelp traffic. So this means you will have an even lower STR.

A landing page such Dan won't drive extra traffic to your listing, they just provide you a landing page to capture the type-in traffic.

Stop with that bs, sh fan boy!

1. Traffic without conversion means nothing! DAN just converted for me a domain won just 3 weeks ago and added to Dan lander 2 days ago. Afternic sold 15 domains for me in June.

2. Learn to read before doing your fan boy act. You are on this forum as sh decoy and it is already to obvious. I already wrote that apples for apples 🍎 Afternic beats sh hands down. Hence my decision to leave

•••
Stop with that bs, sh fan boy!

1. Traffic without conversion means nothing! DAN just converted for me a domain won just 3 weeks ago and added to Dan lander 2 days ago. Afternic sold 15 domains for me in June.

2. Learn to read before doing your fan boy act. You are on this forum as sh decoy and it is already to obvious. I already wrote that apples for apples 🍎 Afternic beats sh hands down. Hence my decision to leave

But your methodology is bogus. You should split test the same traffic between two services (for example, Squadhelp landing pages vs Dan/Afternic landing pages) for the same domains at the same time.

So let's say you have a domain name example.com, then each day you should split test its traffic to draw a proper conclusion: 50% of the traffic to a Squadhelp landing page, 50% of the traffic to Dan, but on the same day for the same domain. And do it for at least 60 days.

In practice it is not possible, since you have to use the Squadhelp nameservers. This means you can't perform such a split test.

However you can check the extra traffic Squadhelp drives to your landing pages in the Squadhelp analytics. So if you delete your domains from Squadhelp, you will have less traffic, which means less chance for a sale.

If the high commission is your problem, then it is possible to list a domain on Squadhelp as a standard listing for just 7.5% commission (however I am not sure how to downgrade a premium listing to a standard listing, maybe it's not possible). But I know that you can list a domain initially as a standard listing and then you are not obligated to upgrade it to a premium listing.

In summary, your testing is bogus because you cannot split test the same traffic for the same domain on the same day for about 60 days.

Then you could say that it is impossible to tell whether the Squadhelp landing pages are better than anything else. Which is true, however all else being equal, the more quality traffic you have, the more chance will be of a sale.

The Squadhelp traffic is from search engines, remarketing and PPC marketing, this is targeted traffic.

Regardless, not just for last year, but for the few years that SH sold 5 names for me out of the batch, even Afternic (with no logos and no waiting, picking names and all the hastle) has outperformed them for me, albeit on a bigger sample size. Regardless, few years and 112 names (with sold) is enough for me to draw the conclusion.

I think you simply listed better domains on Afternic than on Squadhelp, that's why you sold more domains on Afternic. Here you can see that your methodology is bogus, since you compared different domain names, but you should have compared the same domain names by split testing the traffic.

The end users will tell you which domains are better, if you sold more domains on Afternic than on Squadhelp, then it means that your Squadhelp-listed domains are not that good like your Afternic-listed domains.

•••
But your methodology is bogus. You should split test the same traffic between two services (for example, Squadhelp landing pages vs Dan/Afternic landing pages) for the same domains at the same time.

So let's say you have a domain name example.com, then each day you should split test its traffic to draw a proper conclusion: 50% of the traffic to a Squadhelp landing page, 50% of the traffic to Dan, but on the same day for the same domain. And do it for at least 60 days.

In practice it is not possible, since you have to use the Squadhelp nameservers. This means you can't perform such a split test.

However you can check the extra traffic Squadhelp drives to your landing pages in the Squadhelp analytics. So if you delete your domains from Squadhelp, you will have less traffic, which means less chance for a sale.

If the high commission is your problem, then it is possible to list a domain on Squadhelp as a standard listing for just 7.5% commission (however I am not sure how to downgrade a premium listing to a standard listing, maybe it's not possible). But I know that you can list a domain initially as a standard listing and then you are not obligated to upgrade it to a premium listing.

In summary, your testing is bogus because you cannot split test the same traffic for the same domain on the same day for about 60 days.

Then you could say that it is impossible to tell whether the Squadhelp landing pages are better than anything else. Which is true, however all else being equal, the more quality traffic you have, the more chance will be of a sale.

The Squadhelp traffic is from search engines, remarketing and PPC marketing, this is targeted traffic.

I think you simply listed better domains on Afternic than on Squadhelp, that's why you sold more domains on Afternic. Here you can see that your methodology is bogus, since you compared different domain names, but you should have compared the same domain names by split testing the traffic.

The end users will tell you which domains are better, if you sold more domains on Afternic than on Squadhelp, then it means that your Squadhelp-listed domains are not that good like your Afternic-listed domains.

I wonder what is your qualification in data analysis. And, again, why don't you disclose your true affiliation to SH? Your behavior on this thread and the forum is too unnatural for a real domain investor.

Here is the thing: if 110+ domains on SH over 3+ years underperformed to names that it itself rejected (pro rated, let's say 110 names should provide at least 10% of 1100 names at afternic/dan), there is no need to go into the performance on a name basis.

Btw, initially I was planning to add thousands of names on SH, but a pure chance made me stop: I had about 100 names approved at the beginning. And since descriptions were required/suggested, it was taking me time to actually push towards listing. So I got through 60 names and then did not have time for the remaining 40. To my surprise, after few months when I came back to add those, it turned out 4 out of 40 (!) were sold via Afternic already. And SH? It managed to sell only 1 out of 60 during that time.

That gave me a hard pause. I still had more approved during the time and just to get the number easier for calculations, I got it above 100 and gave it few years. The test failed, apparently, and I don't see why I should continue. Again, SH was supposed to beat the bland (no logo, no description, no selection) marketplaces handily and it cannot even keep it on par.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back