Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
managed to sneak in a sh sale before month end. Still slowest month of the year for me on squadhelp. Sold Trevata.com for $2299. Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
i didnt think it would happen, but managed to sneak in a sh sale before month end. Still slowest month of the year for me on squadhelp. Sold Trevata.com for $2299. Thank you!

Congrats, looks like it pays off to complain on a public forum! :)

•••
Haha.. there was no complaining. Just statements of fact. Sale just so happened to come on the last day of the month which also was the first day of the week. Lots of people selling today

Last edited:
•••
I love SH this far! Sales are slow thu after a big sale a couple months back thru Afternic/SH. I “Boost” many of my names often, but they don’t seem to get the “Boost” where they actually get featured & found thru the main homepage links. Seems to be there are a good couple hundred names recycled & featured all the time. Probably because they are better names! So can’t really blame them.

Overall I’m really happy to have joined this marketplace!!

•••
70 names. No sales yet.. Still folding my hands

•••
Haha.. there was no complaining. Just statements of fact. Sale just so happened to come on the last day of the month which also was the first day of the week. Lots of people selling today

I was just kidding re: complaining ... anyway poor sale numbers bearing in mind that you have over 500 listed, makes me wonder if it really worth building a portfolio here. I see you are the OP of this thread so probably one of the first NP members to list names at SH, are you also a reviewer for them? Also how many names you usually sell each month with them if you don't mind sharing?

I love SH this far! Sales are slow thu after a big sale a couple months back thru Afternic/SH. I “Boost” many of my names often, but they don’t seem to get the “Boost” where they actually get featured & found thru the main homepage links. Seems to be there are a good couple hundred names recycled & featured all the time. Probably because they are better names! So can’t really blame them.

Overall I’m really happy to have joined this marketplace!!

I can relate to this thing, I've super boosted a few names and I wasn't able see them listed on the first pages for some reason.

•••
I was just kidding re: complaining ... anyway poor sale numbers bearing in mind that you have over 500 listed, makes me wonder if it really worth building a portfolio here. I see you are the OP of this thread so probably one of the first NP members to list names at SH, are you also a reviewer for them? Also how many names you usually sell each month with them if you don't mind sharing?
I am a reviewer but I haven’t reviewed names in a while, there is little benefit for the time spent. Currently my STR is around 5-6%, when I started using sh it was 21% but back then their marketplace had only 8,000 names. I’m lucky I got in when I did and started building up my portfolio with them. It would have been next to impossible if I wasn’t getting sales to support the growth of my portfolio. I do believe that it’s still good to try to build a larger portfolio. I have noticed that quality domains move a lot faster than the lower cost ones. I sold Vityl.com pretty quickly and for over $4k. I’ve been focussing on listing quality now that I have quantity. I’ve been listing 4L brandables like uguy.com and byyu.com. The upfront cost is higher for these names but they sell for high $xxxx-$xx,xxx on sh.

•••
Well done and u have all the Pros and Cons detailed listed. I wanna say that even with Your request to selling high, they will have their own approved pricing. Obviously, more Pros than Cons. U have more than 70 domains listed within a week ? that's amazing as they stated only 8% generally accepted For premier listing ? U must have submitted many domains ?

Additionally, submission is not free , u need to purchase coins for submission, off course there also have coinless submission . Their new features of adding Lifestyles images is awesome like my RBoy.com

I have been with Squadhelp for two weeks , now that I know what domains they favours, I have closed to 100% successfully acceptance last week, I currently have only 12 domains , all are premier listing domains and will try to submit more. I also submitted to BB but they taking time and yet to revert

Unfortunately, I yet to establishing where is the link to all my domain listing ?

•••
. U have more than 70 domains listed within a week ? that's amazing as they stated only 8% generally accepted For premier listing ? U must have submitted many domains ?

This is not necessary, you can just submit good names for Premium listings...

upload_2020-9-2_12-33-28.png

•••
I am starting to wonder if the offers received via white-label mrktplace @sh, aren't immediately forwarded to the seller.
I just recently uploaded a a good number of my domains there and out of curiosity about the process, i made an offer to myself on one of my domains, using a different mail id and the offer was submitted.
It has been enough time since and i haven't received any notification w.r.t the offer, either on my mail or my SH seller dashboard.
@GrantP What's the deal with this?
Are the offers being filtered through your team even at the WLM, which is supposed to be seller controlled?
I bring this concern here, since your team has been quite behind in addressing issues @sh.

I would like an expedited clarification on this.

•••
I am starting to wonder if the offers received via white-label mrktplace @sh, aren't immediately forwarded to the seller.
I just recently uploaded a a good number of my domains there and out of curiosity about the process, i made an offer to myself on one of my domains, using a different mail id and the offer was submitted.
It has been enough time since and i haven't received any notification w.r.t the offer, either on my mail or my SH seller dashboard.
Are the offers being filtered through your team even at the WLM, which is supposed to be seller controlled?
I bring this concern here, since your team has been quite behind in addressing issues @sh.

Did you check the "Offer Center" tab under the Seller Marketplace drop down? Maybe the offer is visible there but you did not receive any notification through the dashboard or email.

Having said that, SH should also send email and dashboard alerts for any offers received immediately.

•••
The offer was received hours after it was made.Seems the offers go through a screening process and are then forwarded to the seller but, no details about the buyer is displayed, not even the buyer's name or country.

This could be a huge downside, especially for sellers who like to do their research before responding.

The only options currently available are accept/reject/counter or delete offer.

•••
The offer was received hours after it was made.Seems the offers go through a screening process and are then forwarded to the seller but, no details about the buyer is displayed, not even the buyer's name or country.

This could be a huge downside, especially for sellers who like to do their research before responding.

The only options currently available are accept/reject/counter or delete offer.

I received an offer through the WLM and was also not given any details about the interested party and was unable to negotiate on my own behalf.

The deal fell through.

Also, SH reports all WLM sales publicly.

Sellers should have total control over buyer info, negotiations, and privacy in the WLM.

•••

Here is how we handle offers:

1. All offers are initially screened by our team to rule out any bot based inquiries or invalid emails
2. Offers are then forwarded on to sellers (you will receive an alert, notification and the offer should be visible in the offer center).
3. Sellers have the ability to counter/ reject or accept the offer.
4. Our Marketplace team continues to stay involved and sends out follow ups to buyers and sellers to move the negotiation process forward.
5. In the next few days, we plan to add lot more information about the buyer in the offer center (both for WLM and Premium Marketplace). We can not share the personal details (e.g. name, email) about the buyers but we plan to provide additional information that can be very helpful in negotiations.

•••
I received an offer through the WLM and was also not given any details about the interested party and was unable to negotiate on my own behalf.

The deal fell through.

Also, SH reports all WLM sales publicly.

Sellers should have total control over buyer info, negotiations, and privacy in the WLM.

I agree, any SH intervention in the WLM should be optional, like @uniregstry.

1. All offers are initially screened by our team to rule out any bot based inquiries or invalid emails
2. Offers are then forwarded on to sellers (you will receive an alert, notification and the offer should be visible in the offer center).
4. Our Marketplace team continues to stay involved and sends out follow ups to buyers and sellers to move the negotiation process forward.
5. In the next few days, we plan to add lot more information about the buyer in the offer center (both for WLM and Premium Marketplace). We can not share the personal details (e.g. name, email) about the buyers but we plan to provide additional information that can be very helpful in negotiations.

There's almost always a correlation between the seller's stance on their asking price and what they gather from their buyer research.This complete lack of transparency makes any negotiations, mostly a shot in the dark.
The WLM is in essence a space where the seller should have autonomy.
I get that you wouldn't want to share the buyer's email,considering there's a good possibility the seller might complete the transaction elsewhere to avoid the commission.
But, not sharing the name and country is a definitely a deal-breaker during negotiations.

Last edited:
•••
I received a noti in chat today about an incoming offer on my name, and asking what is my floor price is.
I have nothing in my Offer Center though.

•••
This is not necessary, you can just submit good names for Premium listings...

Show attachment 165867

This number is skewed by wholesale acquisitions.

My approval rate is 30% but I know that it is not correct because this number jumped after I started buying SH domains from other users! my real approval rate is around 10%.

Last edited:
•••
This number is skewed by wholesale acquisitions.

My approval rate is 30% but I know that it is not correct because this number jumped after I started buying SH domains from other users! my real approval rate is around 10%.

Maybe for you it is - does not make it a general rule.

I have 89 listed ($700k+) and I only bought 3 names on Wholesale Marketplace.
Rest are own submissions.

•••
Well done and u have all the Pros and Cons detailed listed. I wanna say that even with Your request to selling high, they will have their own approved pricing. Obviously, more Pros than Cons. U have more than 70 domains listed within a week ? that's amazing as they stated only 8% generally accepted For premier listing ? U must have submitted many domains ?

Additionally, submission is not free , u need to purchase coins for submission, off course there also have coinless submission . Their new features of adding Lifestyles images is awesome like my RBoy.com

I have been with Squadhelp for two weeks , now that I know what domains they favours, I have closed to 100% successfully acceptance last week, I currently have only 12 domains , all are premier listing domains and will try to submit more. I also submitted to BB but they taking time and yet to revert

Unfortunately, I yet to establishing where is the link to all my domain listing ?
A lot has changed since I wrote my initial review on page one of this thread. Submission used to be free, you could submit in bulk.

•••

For the WLM why can you not share the details of a buyer?

•••
I received a noti in chat today about an incoming offer on my name, and asking what is my floor price is.
I have nothing in my Offer Center though.
This has also happened to me.

•••
I'm receiving rejections and acceptances on domains I submitted in the past three days. The rejected ones have been "Reviewed by SH Internal Team". However, some of my submissions from three weeks back are still pending review!! Anyone is having the same issue??

•••
I'm receiving rejections and acceptances on domains I submitted in the past three days. The rejected ones have been "Reviewed by SH Internal Team". However, some of my submissions from three weeks back are still pending review!! Anyone is having the same issue??
Yes i have 2 names like this , I guess those names will be accepted.

•••
I used to frequently see my sh names in sh advertisements on Facebook, Twitter etc. I no longer see my names. Anyone else notice this?

•••
I used to frequently see my sh names in sh advertisements on Facebook, Twitter etc. I no longer see my names. Anyone else notice this?
I remmber seeing a few days back, but not been in FB too much.
I think I still get emails lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back