IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hopefully sales will flow round to y’all, just keep the faith folks. Squadhelp is a great marketplace ,

Cheers folks
Brandforte

•••
[removed]

Last edited:
•••
Were the offers any good?
2 buyers went cold, asking my best offer and one I countered by $200, the buyer never responded.

•••
Does anyone have noticed any significant changes in acceptance rate since introducing coins?

•••
Does anyone have noticed any significant changes in acceptance rate since introducing coins?
Looks like there's been a significant increase in marketplace average. It's more than 10.30% now.

•••
Looks like there's been a significant increase in marketplace average. It's more than 10.30% now.
Probably for the one's using coins, for me it dropped big time from the first day after I choosed not to use coins. Is their choice if they prefer to go for quantity, not quality for a few coins.

•••
Probably for the one's using coins, for me it dropped big time from the first day after I choosed not to use coins. Is their choice if they prefer to go for quantity, not quality for a few coins.

So you can choose not to use coins and submit registered or unregistered domains? How? Thanks.

•••
So you can choose not to use coins and submit registered or unregistered domains? How? Thanks.
If you have over 25 premium listed and you didn't dropped a lot of premiums, you can choose not to use coins, from the dashboard, seller preferences, but they will make sure to push you to use coins.

•••
Please i have names submitted as unregistered that were rejected by SH. they are currently unregistered. I never delisted them.

Therefore, why are the names on my delisted names?

Why are they having premuim prices with commission rates?

•••
Please i have names submitted as unregistered that were rejected by SH. they are currently unregistered. I never delisted them.

Therefore, why are the names on my delisted names?

Why are they having premuim prices with commission rates?

I have the same issue. I've reported it through blue button.

•••
If you have over 25 premium listed and you didn't dropped a lot of premiums, you can choose not to use coins, from the dashboard, seller preferences, but they will make sure to push you to use coins.

But this doesn't work if you want to submit unregistered names and choose an option to register them yourself if they are approved. In this case, you still have to use coins.

•••
SH is charging $1 per domain submission now, it’s not much but it would have been suitable if their approval rate is also better. Either one way should be considered.

•••
Have you guys tried getting lifestyle images? I requested more than 2 weeks ago and they're still not showing on the names.

•••
I think SH should equally work their system to automatically detect when premium domains delisted as a result of nameserver issues is corrected instead of asking for it to be a fresh submission.
They have rejected the premium domain that was delisted because of nameserver change as a result of entering expiry period which I rectified and also an unregistered name they earlier approved for listing which I later discovered I have registered before their review was equally rejected.

Very sad:xf.frown: @GrantP I think this calls for your consideration, if your still with us here on NP.

Thanks

•••
They have rejected the premium domain that was delisted because of nameserver change as a result of entering expiry period which I rectified and also an unregistered name they earlier approved for listing which I later discovered I have registered before their review was equally rejected.

Very sad:xf.frown: @GrantP I think this calls for your consideration, if your still with us here on NP.

Thanks

I don't understand this. Please can you explain more clearly... they have approved unregistered domain and then rejected it!?

•••
I don't understand this. Please can you explain more clearly... they have approved unregistered domain and then rejected it!?
This similar thing happened to me as well.
I submitted two unregistered name to them with option of either me or them registering the name, the names were accepted and as I fill the normal description and submit , I was told my names were unregistered, u quickly registered both names but to my surprise squadhelp is telling me the name was rejected bla bla bla ..very distasteful.

•••
It was approved and listed. Then entered expiry period while I was trying to transfer it to another registrar.

The nameserver was automatically changed to pendingdelete which made SH to delist it as other brand market places will do.

After completing the transfer, I pointed the nameserver back to Squadhelp and requested for SH to relist it.

But they said I have to resubmit it, which I did and after several days they sent a reply rejecting a name earlier listed as premium which is quite different from what other brand market places do.

•••
I was referring to two issues. The second one was submitted as unregistered, but when they approved it, I discovered I have already registered it.

When I contacted their support, they directed me to reject the approval and request for a review of the commission since I have registered it before their review.

I did as directed but the domain was rejected. Both happened within the same period.

•••
I was referring to two issues. The second one was submitted as unregistered, but when they approved it, I discovered I have already registered it.

When I contacted their support, they directed me to reject the approval and request for a review of the commission since I have registered it before their review.

I did as directed but the domain was rejected. Both happened within the same period.

How was it possible to submit unregistered domain that was registered? I think I accidentally tried this once and I couldn't because I got message that domain is registered. But I am not 100% sure, I must admit. So, according to your experience it is possible.

•••
How was it possible to submit unregistered domain that was registered? I think I accidentally tried this once and I couldn't because I got message that domain is registered. But I am not 100% sure, I must admit. So, according to your experience it is possible.
It was not registered when I submitted it.

•••

I think there's an option to submit unregistered names (the blue button) and an option to let either you or SH register it if accepted.

•••
I think there's an option to submit unregistered names (the blue button) and an option to let either you or SH register it if accepted.

I know that.... but maybe I wasn't clear enough.... I was asking how it is possible to submit as unregistered domain the domain that was actually registered. And the answer was obvious ... that is not possible (just I thought as) as stated by @myfavorite

•••
It was approved and listed. Then entered expiry period while I was trying to transfer it to another registrar.

The nameserver was automatically changed to pendingdelete which made SH to delist it as other brand market places will do.

After completing the transfer, I pointed the nameserver back to Squadhelp and requested for SH to relist it.

But they said I have to resubmit it, which I did and after several days they sent a reply rejecting a name earlier listed as premium which is quite different from what other brand market places do.
@GrantP should look into this. Expired domain names should have the option to be pushed back to market immediate after renewal, not joining the queue of appeal names again!!

•••
Hi all,

I would like to address and offer clarification for few recent posts:

SH is charging $1 per domain submission now, it’s not much but it would have been suitable if their approval rate is also better. Either one way should be considered.

You do not need to use Coins even if you have less than 25 premium domains listed. This change was announced a day after the Coin changes were announced however its possible some users may have missed the announcement. You only need coins for submitting unregistered domains (if you choose Creative registered option). For everything else, it is your choice whether or not to use Coins. You can change these preferences in your Seller Preferences page. Note: We may restrict certain accounts from using the no coins option if their SH account is not in Good standing.

We do not make any distinction in approval or acceptance based on whether or not any coins were used to submit them. If the domains did use coins, it is likely the review time will be faster (because they go through a different workflow) however the criteria to accept or reject the names is the same. Having said that, the approval rates may be higher for coin based submissions because we are seeing that several sellers are more selective in submitting domains when using coins - so they may not submit domains that have a low likelihood of acceptance to begin with.

Do prospects making an offer on a domain have to verify their email?

We currently do not have a verification requirement for email addresses while making an offer however we are working on adding more features to improve the offer management capabilities. Our team now makes a direct contact with all potential buyers who made the offer and we continue to followup with them through the lifecycle of the offer.

This has happened to me a couple of times. In my case, my names were delisted for not more than 2 days due to some registrars not having expedited transfers and having to wait out the 5 days for transfers. I contacted SH support and they reactivated the premium listing.

If you do not have full ownership of the domain yet, we suggest that you hold off on publishing the domains to the Marketplace until the domain is fully transferred to you. This way, you can update the Name Servers immediately at the time of publishing the domains. For other issues (such as expired domains), we will look into making the process more efficient so that we can reactivate the listing without going through a long review process.

Have you guys tried getting lifestyle images? I requested more than 2 weeks ago and they're still not showing on the names.

We currently do have a fairly large backlog for lifestyle images so it might take 4-5 weeks to get them published. We are working on making this process faster.

Last edited:
•••
GrantP, how do you feel about implementing a process whereby Sellers can buy SH coins with their Earnings on SH?

It might be a bit difficult for people to take out money from their credit cards and bank balance to buy SH coins. But it's a guarantee that people would be a lot more psychologically inclined to receiving a little less money, while getting some SH coins.

What do you think?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back