NameSilo

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have more thab 10 names and I can only set 2 names to make offer, it says 10%

•••
I have more thab 10 names and I can only set 2 names to make offer, it says 10%

That is okay I think...to list 3 name you must have 30+ names in premium...

Since you are saying more than 20 assuming it's below 30...so only 2 for now

•••
Got an email with cust support conversation...

They said it is mandatory to have a minimum of 10 premium listings to be able to set one name at make offer...

This should be clearly mentioned in help desk...it seems they didn't have a clue about this possibility...

It's very very funny for a established marketplace to do such a silly overlooking..

So to conclude...

You must have at least 10 premium listings to set one at make offer...10% of your overall premium listings is allowed to set at make offer...

I am assuming multiples of 10 is considered...if you have 29 premium listings you can only set 2 names as make offer..assuming they don't round off and give favour to seller..

@GrantP one more thing I am seeing a option to set make offer on all my names...it is shown besides all my basic / basic+ / premium listings...

Where as it is only accepted for premium listings...dont you think it is another fundamental flaw ?! And causes nothing but confusions..?

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
Is there any reason why the limit of Make Offer domains is set to only 10% ? I decided to try it with two of my best domains. Less than 24 hours I received an offer for one name , 22% of the listing price. I rejected the offer of course as it is an excellent domain and I can only accept 80%.

Last edited:
•••
Whats the difference in terms of features between Premium Listings and Basic Plus?

•••
Some of my names have preset descriptions and I can't edit them. Are you guys having the same problem?

•••
Nevermind. Looks like a bug. Support also doesn't know about it. Just a heads up!

•••
Hello Everyone,
Does squadHelp accept Geodomains
Thanks

•••
What mean 'Shortlist' for a Premium domain listed on SquadHelp? as show in image 3 (2.04%)

shortlist.png

•••
What mean 'Shortlist' for a Premium domain listed on SquadHelp? as show in image 3 (2.04%)

Show attachment 124686
It's exactly what Google says: "A short list or shortlist is a list of candidates for a job, prize, award, political position, etc., that has been reduced from a longer list of candidates."

•••
It's exactly what Google says: "A short list or shortlist is a list of candidates for a job, prize, award, political position, etc., that has been reduced from a longer list of candidates."
Can you explain more what dose mean? That people watch it on domain , it is in a contest on SH ?etc..

•••
Can you explain more what dose mean? That people watch it on domain , it is in a contest on SH ?etc..
That means potential customers are adding your name to the list of names they consider.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys, did anyone have an issue with adding PayPal as the preferred payout method on SquadHelp?

I just created an account and have not been able to do so. When I click on the 'Add Payment Method' button, the PayPal tab has no green 'Add' button like Payoneer. What I see instead is this: 'PayPal does not support Prepaid and gift cards as funding source" (screenshot attached).

Anyone know a way to get around this and add a PayPal email or something as preferred payout method?

Attachments

• SH Payout.PNG
    SH Payout.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 61
•••
A few days ago when I have filled in description my name went live immediately... but this morning I filled in description but my name is not live yet.

But I must say also that now it is more easy to fill in description.... there are no bugs anymore. :)

•••
Anybody getting a lot of timeouts going to SH today ?. Viewing it from Long Island, New York.

•••
I created an account saturday and could submit 5 names and i quickly received 3 email stating that 3 of the names were approved but i did not hear anything about the last 2. Don't you get an email about those they don't accept? When I look in my dashboard I can't find them either? Is it me who can't find them or are names which are under review or rejected nowhere to be seen in the dashboard?

•••
@wwwulff There's a 'Rejected' option in the drop down menu. You can view the rejects there. They only inform you about approved names.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys, did anyone have an issue with adding PayPal as the preferred payout method on SquadHelp?

I just created an account and have not been able to do so. When I click on the 'Add Payment Method' button, the PayPal tab has no green 'Add' button like Payoneer. What I see instead is this: 'PayPal does not support Prepaid and gift cards as funding source" (screenshot attached).

Anyone know a way to get around this and add a PayPal email or something as preferred payout method?

Yeh maybe @JudgeMind & @GrantP will tell us what mean this & how we can handle

'We currently do not have your W9 or W8-BEN form on file. Please send this as soon as possible to [email protected] so that we can process your payout'

What in the name of Baby Jesus are W9 or W8-BEN? sounds like a local radio :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Yeh maybe @JudgeMind & @GrantP will tell us what mean this & how we can handle

'We currently do not have your W9 or W8-BEN form on file. Please send this as soon as possible to [email protected] so that we can process your payout'

What in the name of Baby Jesus are W9 or W8-BEN? sounds like a local radio :xf.grin:
That is a declaration form stating you are a non USA resident or that you are a USA resident. Prior to being paid by Squadhelp each user is required to fill one out and send to SH

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/156767-why-am-i-being-asked-for-w-9-tax-information

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/121790-how-do-i-provide-my-w-9-or-w8-ben-form

Last edited:
•••
I created an account saturday and could submit 5 names and i quickly received 3 email stating that 3 of the names were approved but i did not hear anything about the last 2. Don't you get an email about those they don't accept? When I look in my dashboard I can't find them either? Is it me who can't find them or are names which are under review or rejected nowhere to be seen in the dashboard?
You will find those under “rejected”. SH typically will not give reason why they reject names, congrats on getting 3 approved!

•••
@Backorder-ing.com -

SquadHelp is a U.S. company. As such, they ask for a U.S. IRS "W9" form for tax withholdings purposes (if necessary). Most commonly used for employees, however, they also are used for vendors (domain owners/sellers being considered a product vendor).

It is a document that stays with the company (SQH) to demonstrate they are doing business with you and the form indicates your request for tax withholdings or not.

With it, the payments they make to you can be claimed by them as an Expense on their P&L.

Without it... if they are audited, they could find themselves with a huge tax bill.

This is the reason they ask for you to provide them a completed W9, which you can download a copy of it from www.irs.gov

I hope the feedback is helpful.

-Cougar

-------------------------
What is a W 9 form used for?
True to its name, individuals and entities use the form to provide their taxpayer identification number to entities that will pay them income during the tax year. Companies use your W-9 for accounting purposes but doesn't send the form to the IRS.
------------------------

FYI - Leapmatrix Inc (dba Squadhelp) is a privately held company in Hoffman Estates, IL (United States)

Last edited:
•••
Submitted a name to SH
It went live
Now am seeing 1 short list
&
stronger buyer interest 8 potential buyers may have shortlisted or recently viewed these name

I checked back later number dropped to 4 and it has been at 4

Sorry am all new to SH and actually I have just 1 name there

Can someone elaborate on this please
What is the difference normal shortlist and strong buyer interest
Is there own shortlist different from normal shortlist

•••
Judge, how big was your SH portfolio before the sales started coming in? 20? 50?

•••
Their standards isn't the issue, We could all spew 5,6,7 letter brandables out all day, ranging from average to great Brandables aren't hard. Have to say though, half the shit I see in SquadHelp is rubbish, but they still sell it. BrandBucket or Brandpa, any day, all day.

Anyway, an appropriate response to the submission should have been an offer price, then accept client rejection if too low, as opposed to, you want x, we disagree so scram, or whatever.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back