IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello all.. Can anyone confirm if their listed names on SH is resolving via direct type in? All my names and sh registered are giving error, instead of showing landing page.

•••
Hello all.. Can anyone confirm if their listed names on SH is resolving via direct type in? All my names and sh registered are giving error, instead of showing landing page.
Just listed? Could be that the TLS (https) certificate is not yet ready.

What's the exact error you're seeing?

No problems here with my domains, it's working both on http and https with direct navigation.

Could you mention the domain for debugging?

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Just listed? Could be that the TLS (https) certificate is not yet ready.

What's the exact error you're seeing?

No problems here with my domains, it's working both on http and https with direct navigation.

Could you mention the domain for debugging?
Thanks, it's working now.

•••
SH drops domains?
Yes, at least I am almost certain they used to years ago. This is only for SH owned names. I am not sure what the situation is with them now on this or how many years they hold them for now.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, at least I am almost certain they used to years ago. This is only for SH owned names. I am not sure what the situation is with them now on this or how many years they hold them for now.

If we pick up SH dropped domains, and relist them are they automatically approved?

•••
Not sure on that. Worth checking with them.

•••
•••
I see an option for buyer to use Escrow.com on the landing page:

1711641238203.png

Edit: I asked them if anything changes on seller's end if buyer uses Escrow.com to pay. I was told nothing changes.

Last edited:
•••
I see an option for buyer to use Escrow.com on the landing page:

Show attachment 254678

Edit: I asked them if anything changes on seller's end if buyer uses Escrow.com to pay. I was told nothing changes.
I saw it too, when you posted. And now it seems to be gone...

•••
•••
I currently have around 260 Premium Listings on Squadhelp and overall I think it's a nice platform. I would really like to be only positive about Squadhelp, but since I started using Squadhelp in November 2023, I have already experienced several times that there are serious bugs, bugs that have caused my hard work to be lost. This always concerns my Standard Listings, of which I also have many. Today Squadhelp's AI has overwritten nearly 1,000 of my custom Descriptions and "Possible Uses" fields. That's about 10,000 minutes of work that was lost. It is very much to be hoped that a backup can be restored. Squadhelp also deleted all my Sedo listings a while ago, even though that setting was explicitly disabled in Syndication Settings. Multiple users have experienced the same and Squadhelp has written a post-mortem about this, while promising that it won't happen again. Also, the system does not remember the settings I make regarding Marketing Exposure for my Standard Listings. These settings are forgotten by the system every time, after a few days.

These are just a few examples, I have reported many more bugs. I sincerely hope that the system becomes more reliable, because other than that, I am very satisfied.

Last edited:
•••
I currently have around 260 Premium Listings on Squadhelp and overall I think it's a nice platform. I would really like to be only positive about Squadhelp, but since I started using Squadhelp in November 2023, I have already experienced several times that there are serious bugs, bugs that have caused my hard work to be lost. This always concerns my Standard Listings, of which I also have many. Today Squadhelp's AI has overwritten nearly 1,000 of my custom Descriptions and "Possible Uses" fields. That's about 10,000 minutes of work that was lost. It is very much to be hoped that a backup can be restored. Squadhelp also deleted all my Sedo listings a while ago, even though that setting was explicitly disabled in Syndication Settings. Multiple users have experienced the same and Squadhelp has written a post-mortem about this, while promising that it won't happen again. Also, the system does not remember the settings I make regarding Marketing Exposure for my Standard Listings. These settings are forgotten by the system every time, after a few days.

These are just a few examples, I have reported many more bugs. I sincerely hope that the system becomes more reliable, because other than that, I am very satisfied.

Wow, these are some serious bugs for standard listings. I'd be really pissed off if this happened to my premium listings because as you say a lot of work goes into keywords, descriptions, etc.

Have you sold any Standard listings there? I only list Standard with them as a placeholder until I submit to premium and then remove the Standard listing if rejected. Your post makes me happy I do this.

•••
Wow, these are some serious bugs for standard listings. I'd be really pissed off if this happened to my premium listings because as you say a lot of work goes into keywords, descriptions, etc.

Have you sold any Standard listings there? I only list Standard with them as a placeholder until I submit to premium and then remove the Standard listing if rejected. Your post makes me happy I do this.
I've not sold any Standard Listings on SH yet. Have only been adding Standard Listings in bulk during the first quarter of 2024. Some with, and some without using Squadhelp nameservers. Most domains still have Afternic BIN landers. I'm positive about the general direction of the Squadhelp platform, especially now that Standard Listings are more visible in search than before.

Just received an update from SH Tech. They are going to restore from backup all lost Descriptions and "Possible Uses" fields for my Standard Listings. This will take 2-3 days.

Thanks for your mental support @Sperry8 🙌

Last edited:
•••

I feel like their lander for Standard Listings is much better than Dan/Afternic etc. Allows for custom images, custom text, etc.

•••
I feel like their lander for Standard Listings is much better than Dan/Afternic etc. Allows for custom images, custom text, etc.
Dan offers custom descriptions and images, too.

•••
Dan offers custom descriptions and images, too.

I prefer Dan's brandable customization and look + it comes with the benefit of being tied to GoDaddy which buyers know and trust. Of course, I really shouldn't care - whatever gives the highest STR is what I like best

•••
Just received an update from SH Tech. They are going to restore from backup all lost Descriptions and "Possible Uses" fields for my Standard Listings. This will take 2-3 days.
Good news. Squadhelp has restored my Descriptions from backup. All looks good again.

•••
Is there anyone who has successful experience in the Wholesale Portfolios?

•••
Is there anyone who has successful experience in the Wholesale Portfolios?

I have successfully bought individual names on the Wholesale Marketplace. But I assume you are asking for feedback on selling a whole portfolio (which I haven't done).

•••
Last edited:
•••
Is there any benefit of marketing exposure for standard domains?
It will increase commission from 7.5 to 20%

•••
•••
Exactly that's what I mean.
Is there anyone who has had successful experience in this section?
I posted a high dollar portfolio there about a month ago. No interest so far.

It's unclear how many views the portfolios get in that section. I'm guessing not a lot, since you need at least 10 domains on SH to access it.

I'm guessing if you have a good portfolio that's really aggressively priced, it will eventually sell. But these things take time.

•••
I posted a high dollar portfolio there about a month ago. No interest so far.

It's unclear how many views the portfolios get in that section. I'm guessing not a lot, since you need at least 10 domains on SH to access it.

I'm guessing if you have a good portfolio that's really aggressively priced, it will eventually sell. But these things take time.

I check out the portfolios from time to time. The prices for the total portfolios are generally too high. There are usually a few good names combined with a lot of not so good names. Personally I'd rather buy single names than a portfolio (unless it was priced to move - which I haven't seen yet).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back