IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder what is your qualification in data analysis. And, again, why don't you disclose your true affiliation to SH? Your behavior on this thread and the forum is too unnatural for a real domain investor.

Here is the thing: if 110+ domains on SH over 3+ years underperformed to names that it itself rejected (pro rated, let's say 110 names should provide at least 10% of 1100 names at afternic/dan), there is no need to go into the performance on a name basis.

Btw, initially I was planning to add thousands of names on SH, but a pure chance made me stop: I had about 100 names approved at the beginning. And since descriptions were required/suggested, it was taking me time to actually push towards listing. So I got through 60 names and then did not have time for the remaining 40. To my surprise, after few months when I came back to add those, it turned out 4 out of 40 (!) were sold via Afternic already. And SH? It managed to sell only 1 out of 60 during that time.

That gave me a hard pause. I still had more approved during the time and just to get the number easier for calculations, I got it above 100 and gave it few years. The test failed, apparently, and I don't see why I should continue. Again, SH was supposed to beat the bland (no logo, no description, no selection) marketplaces handily and it cannot even keep it on par.

Why do you keep saying without proof that I work for Squadhelp? I don't work for them, I am just a seller.
You haven't mentioned the prices (Afternic vs Squadhelp pricing).
There are bad domains even on Squadhelp, the domain name itself is the most important thing, if you list 100 bad names then your STR will be low.

Again, the only proper way to test the landing pages is by performing a split test I mentioned earlier, but in practice it is not possible.

Your test is flawed because you compared different domains names, while you should have split tested the traffic of the same domain names on the same days.

•••
Why do you keep saying without proof that I work for Squadhelp? I don't work for them, I am just a seller.
You haven't mentioned the prices (Afternic vs Squadhelp pricing).
There are bad domains even on Squadhelp, the domain name itself is the most important thing, if you list 100 bad names then your STR will be low.

Again, the only proper way to test the landing pages is by performing a split test I mentioned earlier, but in practice it is not possible.Rap

Your test is flawed because you compared different domains names, while you should have split tested the traffic of the same domain names on the same days.

I did not say you work for them. I said you are affiliated with them in some way beyond being a regular seller. Can you share your portfolio, btw? It would help with the concerns that you are just a proxy for SH.

The names are fine, better than your average SH ones and priced quite low. Way below what I price them normally on Afternic. And coupled with almost double commission, the payout is even smaller.

Some examples (all .coms): Enyg/Dihd/DJIY/Appraisive/Driveful/Fashli/iAuditors/EarnStreet/SuperZeal/Guidax/ TeeMenu/RapidHero/Rephy/Soncor/Sarilla/InstaPayer/Qieg/GlobePros/Avonshire/LuxyCo/PremierCube/
SteerHealth/PurityHub/Postament/MealOutlet/Exercisy/UpOwl/LightOption/Prospectsy/
Keylessly/TheTactile/RoomDelivery/LeagueAgency/Capize/ProMingle/SanBasile/DivineMeal etc

All those names will be bumped in price on Afternic this week with the removal from SH. And then I will share within a year what sells, if any. Now share your names and let's see what quality you are talking about.

•••
I did not say you work for them. I said you are affiliated with them in some way beyond being a regular seller. Can you share your portfolio, btw? It would help with the concerns that you are just a proxy for SH.

The names are fine, better than your average SH ones and priced quite low. Way below what I price them normally on Afternic. And coupled with almost double commission, the payout is even smaller.

Some examples (all .coms): Enyg/Dihd/DJIY/Appraisive/Driveful/Fashli/iAuditors/EarnStreet/SuperZeal/Guidax/ TeeMenu/RapidHero/Rephy/Soncor/Sarilla/InstaPayer/Qieg/GlobePros/Avonshire/LuxyCo/PremierCube/
SteerHealth/PurityHub/Postament/MealOutlet/Exercisy/UpOwl/LightOption/Prospectsy/
Keylessly/TheTactile/RoomDelivery/LeagueAgency/Capize/ProMingle/SanBasile/DivineMeal etc

All those names will be bumped in price on Afternic this week with the removal from SH. And then I will share within a year what sells, if any. Now share your names and let's see what quality you are talking about.

Now that would be a better test, but still not the best since you will compare different time periods. You could try the GoDaddy landing pages if you think that the GD logo will convert better.

I don't want to convince you, feel free to use the landing page of your choice.

Just make sure to check the detailed analytics section in SH to see the additional traffic SH sent to your landing pages. You can also analyze their traffic by Ahrefs or Similarweb (paid tools unfortunately) to see how targeted their traffic is.

It is hard to imagine that you will have a better STR by driving less traffic to your landing pages.

•••
Btw, my average sales historically have been above 3000$/name every year. This year it has been lower, but still above 2700$/name. So the net has been above $2500/name and this year is above $2300/name.

SH has sold just 5 names in 3+ years. Net payout? Around $6500 or just $1300/name. Equivalent of 2-3 sales on Afternic on net basis (Again, I agreed to lower SH suggested prices expecting that they will deliver on 5-15% STR they were claiming and which turned out to be bogus even at the time with some weird way of calculating STR. So the low price coupled with 30%-35% commission results in very low payout).

Example: TenderJoy/com sold for $1799. I had priced it at $2500 at Afternic before listing on SH. The net I received was just $1169. If it sold on AN, I'd get $2000. If it sold on Afternic for $1799, I'd still net 1459$. And I am not even comparing with Dan commission. Yesterday I got an offer and sold a name there for $1500. Net? $1365.

So:

SH: $1799 -> $1169 payout
Dan: $1500 -> $1365 payout.

SH should be delivering at least 3% sell through given low valuations and high commission to be on par with Afternic/Dan.

So in 3+ years, I should have had at least 10+ sales, for me to be indifferent (not happy, just indifferent). They have delivered just 5. Equivalent of just 2-3 sales on other platforms. Now I understand that the mileage might vary for others. And I did not share all the above details until you started attacking me and my decision. If you are a proxy for SH, you are not doing a very good job at it.

•••
Btw, my average sales historically have been above 3000$/name every year. This year it has been lower, but still above 2700$/name. So the net has been above $2500/name and this year is above $2300/name.

SH has sold just 5 names in 3+ years. Net payout? Around $6500 or just $1300/name. Equivalent of 2-3 sales on Afternic on net basis (Again, I agreed to lower SH suggested prices expecting that they will deliver on 5-15% STR they were claiming and which turned out to be bogus even at the time with some weird way of calculating STR. So the low price coupled with 30%-35% commission results in very low payout).

Example: TenderJoy/com sold for $1799. I had priced it at $2500 at Afternic before listing on SH. The net I received was just $1169. If it sold on AN, I'd get $2000. If it sold on Afternic for $1799, I'd still net 1459$. And I am not even comparing with Dan commission. Yesterday I got an offer and sold a name there for $1500. Net? $1365.

So:

SH: $1799 -> $1169 payout
Dan: $1500 -> $1365 payout.

SH should be delivering at least 3% sell through given low valuations and high commission to be on par with Afternic/Dan.

So in 3+ years, I should have had at least 10+ sales, for me to be indifferent (not happy, just indifferent). They have delivered just 5. Equivalent of just 2-3 sales on other platforms. Now I understand that the mileage might vary for others. And I did not share all the above details until you started attacking me and my decision. If you are a proxy for SH, you are not doing a very good job at it.

I don't care about the higher commission, I simply price my names higher.

Let's say you want to receive $2000 net payout for a domain name, then price that domain at $2850 on Squadhelp (2850*0.7 = $1995 net payout).

On Dan you would price this same name at $2200 (2200*0.91 = $2002 net payout).
On Afternic: $2500 (2500*0.8 = $2000 net payout).

I doubt that these $2850 vs $2500 vs $2200 prices would make a huge difference... If the customer really want that domain, then he/she will buy it for $2850.

My point is that it is worth pricing your domains higher to get the extra marketing exposure on Squadhelp in return.

There are names which are hard to discover without a marketplace where you can search by keywords.

I discovered this truth when I bought a domain name on BrandBucket for myself for a project (not for resale) for $2000. This was a name I discovered using the BrandBucket search feature. I wouldn't have discovered this name otherwise, because the keyword combination was so unique. In other words, I would have never entered this exact domain name into my web browser's address bar or into a search field of a domain name registrar.

I think listing your domain just on Dan/Sedo/Afternic is a good strategy only if your domain contains common keywords and the customers will type-in that exact domain name frequently into their address bar or into the search field of their favorite domain name registrar. Otherwise if this is not the case then no one will discover your domain name.

•••
I don't care about the higher commission, I simply price my names higher.

Let's say you want to receive $2000 net payout for a domain name, then price that domain at $2850 on Squadhelp (2850*0.7 = $1995 net payout).

On Dan you would price this same name at $2200 (2200*0.91 = $2002 net payout).
On Afternic: $2500 (2500*0.8 = $2000 net payout).

I doubt that these $2850 vs $2500 vs $2200 prices would make a huge difference... If the customer really want that domain, then he/she will buy it for $2850.

My point is that it is worth pricing your domains higher to get the extra marketing exposure on Squadhelp in return.

There are names which are hard to discover without a marketplace where you can search by keywords.

I discovered this truth when I bought a domain name on BrandBucket for myself for a project (not for resale) for $2000. This was a name I discovered using the BrandBucket search feature. I wouldn't have discovered this name otherwise, because the keyword combination was so unique. In other words, I would have never entered this exact domain name into my web browser's address bar or into a search field of a domain name registrar.

I think listing your domain just on Dan/Sedo/Afternic is a good strategy only if your domain contains common keywords and the customers will type-in that exact domain name frequently into their address bar or into the search field of their favorite domain name registrar. Otherwise if this is not the case then no one will discover your domain name.

Lots of text, no substance. When I was listing, SH did not allow you to choose price. Don't know about now and don't care anymore. If they failed bitterly to sell at low prices, then why should they manage at higher?

And the fact that you failed to show your portfolio, while acting like an SH expert, is a good enough indicator for me that you are an SH proxy. I have no desire to engage with you any further. Please do me a favor and don't respond. Just keep acting like your average normal next-door SH seller.

•••
Lots of text, no substance. When I was listing, SH did not allow you to choose price. Don't know about now and don't care anymore. If they failed bitterly to sell at low prices, then why should they manage at higher?

And the fact that you failed to show your portfolio, while acting like an SH expert, is a good enough indicator for me that you are an SH proxy. I have no desire to engage with you any further. Please do me a favor and don't respond. Just keep acting like your average normal next-door SH seller.

Yes you can change the prices within a certain range.
Thank you but I don't want you to trash talk my portfolio so that you will feel yourself better. And it won't help with your own STR.
Unfortunately if you list subpar names then your STR will be low on any platform.

•••
I see a new feature: "We can automatically add all your Standard listings (with SH Name servers) to Sedo as well as 650+ Registrars and partners via Sedo MLS network"

That's great, now it will be much easier to manage the premium and standard listings together. You just add them to Squadhelp, enable the automatic Sedo syndication, then download the Afternic file for premim and standard listings, upload them to Afternic, done.

Then you could add the standard listings manually to Dan, but I think it isn't worth the extra time.

And I think this Sedo MLS thing is also a new feature, I think they used the Sedo standard network before without Sedo MLS?

And check this out, now the standard listings might appear on the premium marketplace!

I see that for some searches on the premium marketplace Squadhelp displays this: Not Enough Curated Results. Showing Seller Owned Listings for "xyz" - where xyz is your search term.

Try to take one of your standard listings and search using the whole domain name without the TLD and then you will see that it appears in the premium marketplace.

So this means that now standard listings will receive additional exposure for some searches via the premium marketplace.

I think it makes sense to upload all your domains to Squadhelp: upgrade the eligible domains to a premium listing, and add the other domains as standard listings.
The premium listings will receive a lot of marketing exposure, and the standard listings also provide a lot of features, such as low 7.5% commission (lower than Dan), automatic Sedo syndication, optional logo and remarketing exposure, installment payments.

Last edited:
•••
I see a new feature: "We can automatically add all your Standard listings (with SH Name servers) to Sedo as well as 650+ Registrars and partners via Sedo MLS network"

That's great, now it will be much easier to manage the premium and standard listings together. You just add them to Squadhelp, enable the automatic Sedo syndication, then download the Afternic file for premim and standard listings, upload them to Afternic, done.

Then you could add the standard listings manually to Dan, but I think it isn't worth the extra time.

And I think this Sedo MLS thing is also a new feature, I think they used the Sedo standard network before without Sedo MLS?

And check this out, now the standard listings might appear on the premium marketplace!

I see that for some searches on the premium marketplace Squadhelp displays this: Not Enough Curated Results. Showing Seller Owned Listings for "xyz" - where xyz is your search term.

Try to take one of your standard listings and search using the whole domain name without the TLD and then you will see that it appears in the premium marketplace.

So this means that now standard listings will receive additional exposure for some searches via the premium marketplace.

I think it makes sense to upload all your domains to Squadhelp: upgrade the eligible domains to a premium listing, and add the other domains as standard listings.
The premium listings will receive a lot of marketing exposure, and the standard listings also provide a lot of features, such as low 7.5% commission (lower than Dan), automatic Sedo syndication, optional logo and remarketing exposure, installment payments.

What is the procedure for activating Sedo MLS for standard listings?

•••
What is the procedure for activating Sedo MLS for standard listings?
It doesn't work yet, my domains are not active on Sedo MLS. I don't know if this feature is supposed to work now or not.

•••
It doesn't work yet, my domains are not active on Sedo MLS. I don't know if this feature is supposed to work now or not.

Do you have the syndacation dashboard which is shown here?

•••
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
I rejoined Squadhelp about 1.5 months ago after testing another marketplace for 4 months. After switching dns to sh I landed an early on sale, likely as that buyer was monitoring the domain and jumped to buy when they saw the change.. it’s now been 6 weeks and there’s been no sales, no offers, barely any submissions to contests by creatives… is anyone else with a similar premium portfolio size (850) been getting any action over the past few weeks?

•••
I rejoined Squadhelp about 1.5 months ago after testing another marketplace for 4 months. After switching dns to sh I landed an early on sale, likely as that buyer was monitoring the domain and jumped to buy when they saw the change.. it’s now been 6 weeks and there’s been no sales, no offers, barely any submissions to contests by creatives… is anyone else with a similar premium portfolio size (850) been getting any action over the past few weeks?

Actually my SH portfolio is not as big as yours with around 64 domains. Last month had one sale for SH listed name but that was through afternic. Overall SH response is not as I would have liked it to be.

Last edited:
•••
Around 300 premium here and it's been 🦗 🦗 , also I think SH should consider BIN+make offer ,I have had great results using it with my Dan names

•••
I've tried to remove visual images on standard listings landing pages but they don't get removed

I want to test a clean for sale page

Does anyone know how to remove the visual images?

•••
Sales with middle size portfolio are really inconsistent. If you have portfolio till 1000 names, you could sell 1 month 2-3 domains on SH and about 0 the next month or 2. I believe you have to have at least 2500 - 3000 names to sell 3-5 names each month.

•••
Hi @JudgeMind glad to see you back in this thread! I used to really enjoy your monthly reviews and I missed them when you left. So like I said, glad to have you back :)

My current portfolio size is 552 premium domain names. I've been on SH since the very beginning of the marketplace and it feels like now it's in its lowest place somehow. I haven't had any sales for the last several months and no offers. Nothing. I'm deciding what to do next.

Also, several weeks ago I had an issue where my domain name did not come up in the search results even when that exact name was typed in. Squadhelp recognized the issue, solved it and gave me one free super boost, but I'm wondering how many of my other domain names have had the same issue or maybe are having it right now?

•••
Hi @JudgeMind glad to see you back in this thread! I used to really enjoy your monthly reviews and I missed them when you left. So like I said, glad to have you back :)

My current portfolio size is 552 premium domain names. I've been on SH since the very beginning of the marketplace and it feels like now it's in its lowest place somehow. I haven't had any sales for the last several months and no offers. Nothing. I'm deciding what to do next.

Also, several weeks ago I had an issue where my domain name did not come up in the search results even when that exact name was typed in. Squadhelp recognized the issue, solved it and gave me one free super boost, but I'm wondering how many of my other domain names have had the same issue or maybe are having it right now?

Wow! 552 names and zero sales in several months! If SH managed even the bare minimum of 2% for a marketplace that pushes lower prices and asks for 35% commission, you should be averaging a sale every 5 weeks. If you just listed at AN/Dan, you should have had a sale at least every other month.

SH must be doing really bad lately.

PS my saga with SH continues. After week's notice, they disabled my listings, so accordingly I changed the nameservers away. Now with the frequency of 1-2 days they are sending me this emails:

"
Hello ,
It looks like the Name Servers for your approved domain, ********* are no longer pointing to Squadhelp.

Based upon our records, it looks like the name servers were changed after they were verified initially. Please note that it is a violation of Squadhelp Terms of Service to modify your domain name servers to a different destination while your domain is still live with Squadhelp.

If this action was in error or if you have already updated the Name Servers. please contact us via email or chat so we can assist you further. Please note that if the name servers are not updated within the next 24 hours, this domain will be delisted. Any delisting will likely limit your account from future participation in Squadhelp platform.

Thanks

Squadhelp Team"

Go figure. How hard it is to sort out the algorithm and not send out such emails? And why is it checking 1 name a day and can't get done with it in 24 hours or something?

•••
Squadhelp update BrandAim.com

824 premium listings.

July sales = $0
June Sales = 1 x $3099

No sales at squadhelp for 8 weeks now.

Liquidated quite a few of my premium domains to cover running costs in July.

NOTE: This is the longest time i have ever had between sales at squadhelp.

1659641619877.png

•••

sh search algorithm isn't normal. I have Gaming.xyz listed on there and when searching the term "gaming" my listing didn't show up until the 7th page until i complained and they changed something.

As far as the slowness... i too have been with sh since the start, i left to test another marketplace just once but now am back trying sh again. I had 24% STR at one point, now it seems sh has grown so large that sellers are starting to see a 2-3% str.. the question a seller needs to ask themselves is.. "is it still worth paying an extra 15% commission when i can get close to the same str elsewhere"?

Last edited:
•••
sh search algorithm isn't normal. I have Gaming.xyz listed on there and when searching the term "gaming" my listing didn't show up until the 7th page until i complained and they changed something.

As far as the slowness... i too have been with sh since the start, i left to test another marketplace just once but now am back trying sh again. I had 24% STR at one point, now it seems sh has grown so large that sellers are starting to see a 2-3% str.. the question a seller needs to ask themselves is.. "is it still worth paying an extra 15% commission when i can get close to the same str elsewhere"?

Where can you get the same STR elsewhere for less commission? I am interested in that. Have you tested other options which give you the same STR but for less commission?

•••

How did you imply 2-3% str with just 1 sale in 2 month on 800+ names? That is more like 0.75% str.

•••
Slow reviews lately? I have names sitting idle at 10 reviews 2 weeks now, still looking at names from batch submitted 20+ days ago. Must be busy / backed up over there, I know they don't slack

Last edited:
•••
I've tried to remove visual images on standard listings landing pages but they don't get removed

I want to test a clean for sale page

Does anyone know how to remove the visual images?

Same here. I clicked 'Do Not Automatically Add Visual Images' to my listings yet they're still being added on any domain that I accept a suggested category on which is annoying because the photo usually doesn't go with the name and it can be comical what gets displayed sometimes for a particular name.

The new color gradient box looks cool. SH please correct this to stock images are not automatically added when accepting suggested categories and a quick way to wipe them all out.

Last edited:
•••
Where can you get the same STR elsewhere for less commission? I am interested in that. Have you tested other options which give you the same STR but for less commission?
I had the same STR (actually a bit better) when I was with alter.com January - June. their commission was just 10%.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back