Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, you have to consider the reviewer's time in your consideration. They have enough new reviews to go through already so adding additional reviews will be an extra load and this will affect overall review time if they go by your proposal
OK. I hope you have read my message carefully. If the domainer has only 2 domains available, why does he need 5 requests? If you do not want to upload reviewers, then set a maximum of 5 requests for domainers with gold and platinum status, for everyone else, let there be 2 requests per month. Then the burden on reviewers will become even less. Just hear my opinion, Domainers with large portfolios bring much more income to the SH team than others. So, there should be more requests for them. You don't condemn the practice of the percentile for participation in contests, do you? Someone is allowed to submit 2 entries, and someone 40. I believe that the domainers should have a similar percentile depending on the number of domains and sales.

•••
Revenue Generating Landing Pages - have you ever made any money with this feature?

If a buyer comes directly to your landing page by typing your Domain URL, we will keep track of the buyer's visit and their purchase activity for 7 days by storing a "Cookie" on their computer.

If, instead of purchasing your domain, the buyer purchases another domain from our Marketplace (belonging to another seller), you will earn a commission.

•••
This is a really useful feature! Thanks.

•••
•••
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
Hello. You write "There is no listing fee", but forgot to mention that they require a fee for reviewing each domain for new domainers. Now the fee is 1 coin ($1). There are already 551, not 76 approved premium domains in your portfolio. Tell me please how many dollars you actually paid to achieve this result. I am interested in your approval statistics, because you also paid for every disapproved domain.

Last edited:
•••
Hello. You write "There is no listing fee", but forgot to mention that they require a fee for reviewing each domain for new domainers. Now the fee is 1 coin ($1). There are already 562, not 76 approved premium domains in your portfolio. Tell me please how many dollars you actually paid to achieve this result. I am interested in your approval statistics, because you also paid for every disapproved domain.
He posted that 3 years ago. Alot changes in 3 years.

•••
He posted that 3 years ago. Alot changes in 3 years.
I know it's been three years. That's why I'm asking what percentage of his approval

•••
He has 3601 domains. Of these, only 551 domains are approved as premium. For each review, he has to pay $1, which means he paid more than $3000. It turns out that in order to place one premium domain on the site, our colleague paid an average of 3601/551 = $ 6,5. This is a little more than the competitors, where they ask for $ 5 per logo a good placement. Resp. approval percentage 551/3601*100%=15.3% These are true numbers. In any case, the work at Squadhelp is worth the candle, because this site is constantly developing. I personally would like the number of experts to be increased from 20 to 40 people, because we need more flexibility in domain approval. The current experts have an unpredictable adoption plan, so, unfortunately, there are still low-quality domains on the market. Hopefully, in the near future, the squad will teach artificial intelligence to accept domains so as not to depend on the preferences of the experts.

•••
Hopefully, in the near future, the squad will teach artificial intelligence to accept domains so as not to depend on the preferences of the experts.
Hopefully not! We don't want another BrandPa!

No AI please!

•••
Hopefully not! We don't want another BrandPa!

No AI please!
If you don't want AI, then they need to pour fresh blood into the SH experts. When I register domains, I already know exactly what will be approved at SH and what needs to be sold on other sites. I don't want to adapt to experts, I want really high-quality domains to be sold on the Squadhelp marketplace

•••
Hopefully, in the near future, the squad will teach artificial intelligence to accept domains so as not to depend on the preferences of the experts.
I hope not, AI are not the ones buying it neither does AI have the experience to identify what will sell for what price

•••
I hope not, AI are not the ones buying it neither does AI have the experience to identify what will sell for what price
It was just my suggestion. Considering that artificial intelligence has learned to fill out a domain description tolerably well, it could also make a decision on approval based on a large database of premium domains. In addition, I have not written anywhere about pricing, this should be handled by the domainer. In my messages, I mentioned not only the AI, but also the opportunity to expand the staff of experts. What do you think about it?

•••
So, how's everyone doing on SH? How were your sales for the last 6 months?

P.S. I miss the monthly reviews by @JudgeMind. Those were very informative and helped to keep a finger on the pulse of SH. I hope he's doing great :)

•••
So, how's everyone doing on SH? How were your sales for the last 6 months?

P.S. I miss the monthly reviews by @JudgeMind. Those were very informative and helped to keep a finger on the pulse of SH. I hope he's doing great :)
Zero, in the last 8 months... but I see a lot of traffic coming to my premium domains. 362 views the previous day, on my 102 premium domains isn't bad. It's clear to me that Sh is doing their part by massively investing in advertising this year also, but...

...with such a small portfolio of premium domains I'm trying also to do my part by promoting my names everywhere: here, on my blog, on Reddit etc

The right buyer will eventually come, we just have to wait.

Good luck to all of us! :)

•••
I have over 200 premium domains on SH. Have yet to make a premium sale in a year.
I have 20 domains approved on brand bucket. Have sold 2...

What am I doing wrong?

•••
I have over 200 premium domains on SH. Have yet to make a premium sale in a year.

What am I doing wrong?
Why would you think you are doing something wrong? The competition is fierce and it can take many years to sell a domain not just one year. There are no guarantee of sales at SH or anywhere.

•••

What am I doing wrong?
SH or BB aren't magic bullets. You need great domains first and foremost.

See this blog post: https://www.squadhelp.com/blog/2021-in-review-squadhelp/

Are you sure that your domains are in demand? Are the root keywords strong keywords which are in demand? Are your domains short enough, with only 1-2-3 syllables?

Go to My domains - approved and sort the list by TLDs taken, do you have many domains which are taken in multiple extensions? According to the linked article, the more TLDs a domain is taken in, the higher the sell through rate will be.

Have you enabled Afternic Fast Transfer for all your domains? Make sure to actually activate the Fast Transfer network, not just the normal Afternic network.

Also fill in the categories, descriptions etc. (check your portfolio optimization score)

And when you take a look at your domains, can you decide the possible uses of each domain? I mean when you look at a domain, you should tell that yes, this domain would be a perfect fit for example for a food delivery service, or for a fashion brand, or for a dating company etc. If you can't name the possible use cases, then I think that's a problem.

But the most important thing is to list good domains...

•••
SH or BB aren't magic bullets. You need great domains first and foremost.

See this blog post:

Are you sure that your domains are in demand? Are the root keywords strong keywords which are in demand? Are your domains short enough, with only 1-2-3 syllables?

Go to My domains - approved and sort the list by TLDs taken, do you have many domains which are taken in multiple extensions? According to the linked article, the more TLDs a domain is taken in, the higher the sell through rate will be.

Have you enabled Afternic Fast Transfer for all your domains? Make sure to actually activate the Fast Transfer network, not just the normal Afternic network.

Also fill in the categories, descriptions etc. (check your portfolio optimization score)

And when you take a look at your domains, can you decide the possible uses of each domain? I mean when you look at a domain, you should tell that yes, this domain would be a perfect fit for example for a food delivery service, or for a fashion brand, or for a dating company etc. If you can't name the possible use cases, then I think that's a problem.

But the most important thing is to list good domains...

Yes to most of these, actually the domains I have on Squadhelp are for the most part higher quality than on BB.

BB has names that were rejected on SH.

•••
i have to say i am disappointed to the time it is taking for domain reviews to take place even after paying the "coin"

used to take 2-3 days but now seems to take over 10 days... makes me regret buying coins to mass submit names...

•••
i have to say i am disappointed to the time it is taking for domain reviews to take place even after paying the "coin"

used to take 2-3 days but now seems to take over 10 days... makes me regret buying coins to mass submit names...
This is easily explained. They have a limited number of experts, many of them are resting in summer tours. I have long asked the SH team to expand the number of experts to avoid such cases

•••

Same here. Unregistered coin submission taking like 11 days now

•••
This is easily explained. They have a limited number of experts, many of them are resting in summer tours. I have long asked the SH team to expand the number of experts to avoid such cases
It is the same thing for internal reviewers too.

•••
Why do I have to pay $2 for SquadHelp to allow me sell my domain names on Afternic?

That's totally absurd given the fact that they still get 10% commission for a sale they had nothing to do with.

•••
Can someone tell me what's the purpose of standard listings if they don't appear in the SH website search, even if you search using the exact keyword/ name? Is it only for the use of SH Landers?

Last edited:
•••
Can someone tell me what's the purpose of standard listings if they don't appear in the SH website search, even if you search using the exact keyword/ name? Is it only for the use of SH Landers?
That... and also you or others can submit your domains to relevant Squadhelp contests if you add "Marketing Exposure" to your Standard Listings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back