IT.COM

information Spam and Failed Try: How do you protect your domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shamiul

Top Member
Impact
Spam and failed try.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please dont lookat spambox.

•••
Because it's a new domain. The spammers probably scraped your email address from the whois.

•••
Because it's a new domain. The spammers probably scraped your email address from the whois.

Yes. It wasn't whois protected for a while.

•••
There you go. You cannot fault the Registrar. You should order the privacy with the domain with your next purchase. Dynadot are good at removing most of the spam and only sending you the important emails.

•••
There have been instance so registrars offering "free privacy" only to then on sell your info anyway

•••
There have been instance so registrars offering "free privacy" only to then on sell your info anyway

Not at Dynadot. I think they really are setup as a Domainers Registrar.

•••
Someone here recently mentioned this occurrence, I agree it was not at Dynadot which is one of only two registrars I use. It was pointed out to the person complaining that the terms of service allowed for this, even when using privacy!

•••
I myself didn't add privacy protection during purchase the name. I added it later on though after spam occurred.

Dynadot is a good service, especially I like their cust. support.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back