IT.COM

domains Spaceship.com (by Namecheap) Launch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

branding

Private InvestorTop Member
Impact
Seems like Namcheap launched spaceship (early beta). Early beta, some UI stuff to be done but it looks promising:

Welcome to Spaceship! EARLY BETA LAUNCH!

As an early beta tester you will have access to our new domain registrar and digital product platform. While it’s still a work in progress, you’ll have a front row seat to see it’s evolution into what we expect will become a seamless and powerful domain and digital product marketplace.

You’ll also be helping us by guiding us with your feedback and questions as to how we can make things better for you. Our number one job for now is to monitor your experience and gather your feedback to see how we can improve things and make the experience better for you.

At this point you can expect some things to be incomplete and some areas of the experience to not fully be represented.

Sometimes things just won’t work correctly as what we’ve built under the hood is completely new and complex and sometimes that requires some things to fail or be adjusted. Not to worry though, we’ll be standing by ready to fix and improve things as fast as we can.

You can reach us via email, Discord, or Twitter with your requests, questions, and feedback. 24‌/‌7 support is also on its way, so watch this space.

Spaceship - a new frontier in domains…
Our goal with Spaceship is to drastically improve how you use, configure and manage your domains and digital products. Some broad areas of new functionality are Unboxing, Conflict Resolution, our new App Library, Launchpad, and Connection Manager.

Spaceship is a smart system that recognizes when there are issues with your domains and services, such as propagation, payment issues or configuration issues. Automatically, Spaceship will notify you if it finds an issue and will give you an easy way to fix it.

Unboxing enables you to connect and set up your products with just a few clicks, without ever having to touch complex settings like DNS records yourself. Our wizards will easily guide you through the process and save you time, even if you’re already a pro. Don’t worry, we also provide you direct access to the core tools, in case you still want to do things the old way.

Conflict Resolution understands when there may be issues using your products together, and helps you fix them automatically - when you’re trying to use two e-mail products on one domain, for example. The system will notify you and provide you options so that you can easily and seamlessly switch between products and services for your domains, without any configuration hassles.

App Library is a searchable database of products and useful tools that empower your domains. in a few clicks you can select, pay for and connect useful applications to your domains with automatic configuration.

Launchpad is our full featured dashboard that allows you to easily view and manage all of your applications. You’ll also have the freedom to choose and customize what information around your products you’d like to see when you access the launchpad via our product quick widgets.

Connection Manager allows you to easily see and manage the connections between your products and domains. We’ve also set up nodes across the world that constantly monitor your domains and products so you know when things are connected and operational or if there is an issue that needs addressing.

Easy Subscription Management for your digital products. An all in place to manage and upgrade your products. We also make it easy to cancel or even pause your subscriptions.

Notification Center. A smart and aware platform requires an easy and organized way to communicate things to you so that you are always easily informed. Notification Center makes communication easy and allows you full customization to be communicated with in the way to prefer most.

Finally, we’ve made it easy to pay any time, anywhere within our platform and within the context of where you are. Easily pay for things like upgrades, add extra space, more users or renewals right on the spot and without having to navigate to a separate payment page.

How can we expect things to evolve?
While we’ll continue to build and make the experience of the platform better and built around you, we also have many products coming on the horizon:

Expect fast improvement on our secure and privacy focused Spacemail product.

Our managed and dedicated hosting products will continue to evolve and you’ll see more and more of our own tools built into them including an in house built control panel.

We expect a full suite of marketplace and aftermarket tools so that you can easily buy and sell your valuable domain names to be ready early next year (1st quarter).

More hosted products to make getting online easier such as our EasyWP product and website builders.

Our domain to domain powered communication app so that you can set up your domains to receive calls and texts direct to your domain without ever signing up or using phone numbers.

More handshake and decentralized integrations that will include a wallet and full digital ID integration for easy login.

And more….

These are just a few of the new and exciting things we are bringing to you. You can expect more as we continue to build and add to our platform to serve you.

Why is Spaceship important to us?
We believe deeply in a free and open internet. Spaceship is the first step toward a giant leap forward in internet freedom.

In a world of closed ecosystems and platforms with limited flexibility, our goal is to bring together many products and services and empower them to work seamlessly together. The focus of our entire business is user choice and ease of use, placing full ownership and power in the hands of our customers.

We’re building an exciting future together and we’re glad to have you on board!

Promo:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/3-08-com-registration-at-spaceship-com.1300151/

Thanks @aelko

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Waiting for them to launch the marketplace

•••
It's pretty decent for a beta. Reg was instant, same privacy as namecheap. UI can be a bit confusing/overwhelming. Looks promising.

•••
•••
•••
•••
How long will they be in beta.
Spaceship is ready-to-use end user domain.
To the moon 😉 No Pressure, Google Domains has to have the record for longest product beta time in history!!

Last edited:
•••
Are they in beta or alpha phase.

Definitely beta. I reported some issues but as it's basically namecheap I trust them to get the core functions working.

•••
Definitely beta. I reported some issues but as it's basically namecheap I trust them to get the core functions working.
Thanks! I edited my post based on your earlier post where you clearly stated they in beta. 100% hat tip you!

I still have further questions reflected in my edit 😁 - and i edited later partly of shame, you get all credit. : )

Good luck to them; spaceship to the moon

Last edited:
•••
Thanks! I edited my post based on your earlier post where you clearly stated they in beta. 100% hat tip you!

I still have further questions reflected in my edit 😁 - and i edited later partly of shame, you get all credit. : )

Good luck to them; spaceship to the moon

Lol, yeah Google. I have a love hate relationship with them :)

I don't really mind betas. It's a good thing when they try new stuff on a seperate brand to make sure it doesn't affect current namecheap users.

Their roadmap is impressive. Curious where they will end up as they're clearly targeting an industry leader ;)

•••
•••
Few days ago tried to transfer domain from NC to Spaceship but failed. I couldn't proceed with a PayPal payment. Anyone had similar experience? Could the reason be that I tried to transfer it from NC or just a technical issue?

•••
•••
•••
Lol, haters gonna hate ;)

And yeah, it's not Dyna but I think they're among the best (well known and reputable) registrars.
Nah it's just that they're awful

•••
•••
They don't support .ca domain transfers yet. Only registrations for .ca domains.

•••
Spaceship.com Cool design and branding and I know the guy who bring the name idea to CEO.

•••
will they celebrate by having a One Cent Sale

like namecheap had in 2015 ?

•••
There is no option to transfer a domain from spaceship.com to another registrar!

•••
@Ashelayyan Did you reach support and ask them and if so what did they tell you? Thanks

•••
There is no option to transfer a domain from spaceship.com to another registrar!
When you fly to space, you can't return to earth! :ROFL:

•••
Spaceship is still in beta. Still, I was curious about this and asked their live support about it. Here is their reply:

"Such a feature is not implemented in Spaceship accounts yet, but if needed, we can generate an EPP code for you so that you could transfer the domain out to another Registrar"

•••
I must say I'm quite underwhelmed by their transfer out procedure. Requested the Auth hours ago... Yet, no code...

Not a fan of that.

•••
Talked to them again today. Apparently they cannot provide an Auth code during weekends/non business hours.

Very disappointed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back