IT.COM

Some questions from a newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hasked

Impact
Hello there, I have some questions for you and i'm pretty sure this is the right place

I would like to obtain a domain (.com) that expires the 21th of april. The domain is with Godaddy and from what I read on their website they give a grace period to the owner to renew the service. I'm quite sure that this domain is not going to be renewed.

I would like to be almost sure to partecipate at least at a private auction, what's the best way to try it?

-Which sites guarantee a good percentage of catches? I'm probably going to apply to at least 3 sites.

-Do I have to apply for the backorder service before the expiration date or it's to early?

-On godaddy I read that if they catch the domain then even if you do the backorder they do a public auction for it, that's crazy!

reading about it from this forum I selected Namejet, Snapnames, Dropcatch and Pheenix do they have a private auction? Am I going to have a good probability to catch the domain or you suggest to do a backorder also on other websites?

Thank you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @hasked Welcome to NamePros!
What makes you so sure the name won't be renewed?

•••
thank you, I'm not so sure, I think the owner couldn't be interested in it anymore.

Another question, is a private backorder service for the companies I selected? I mean if I do a backorder for let's say abc.com do compare somewhere that I'm trying to catch that domain so someone else can try to catch it even if he didn't know about it?

•••
Welcome to NamePros!

I would like to obtain a domain (.com) that expires the 21th of april. The domain is with Godaddy and from what I read on their website they give a grace period to the owner to renew the service. I'm quite sure that this domain is not going to be renewed.
- Then buy it from GoDaddy auction directly.

I would like to be almost sure to partecipate at least at a private auction, what's the best way to try it?
SnapNames is the only dropcatch service that provides private auctions in-case there are 2 or more people that backorder the same domain.

-Which sites guarantee a good percentage of catches? I'm probably going to apply to at least 3 sites.
Dropcatch, Snapnames, Namejet, Pheenix. (in that order)

-Do I have to apply for the backorder service before the expiration date or it's to early?
From what I know you can place a backorder only when they are listed on backorder websites (like Dropcatch, SnapNames etc.)

-On godaddy I read that if they catch the domain then even if you do the backorder they do a public auction for it, that's crazy!
That's normal.

reading about it from this forum I selected Namejet, Snapnames, Dropcatch and Pheenix do they have a private auction? Am I going to have a good probability to catch the domain or you suggest to do a backorder also on other websites?
Dropcatch and SnapNames catches 90-95% of all dropped domains, those 4 are more than enough.

•••
- Then buy it from GoDaddy auction directly.

Is Godaddy going to do a public auction before give the possibility to the other services to catch it?

SnapNames is the only dropcatch service that provides private auctions in-case there are 2 or more people that backorder the same domain.

And what happen with the other services if I'm the only one applied for it?

Thank you again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back