Dynadot

So what will work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm developing a site.

I'm really happy with the concept, actual domain name, etc, etc.

I tried the free articles for content but they are all basically a joke. You feed them in and you get the first 200 words and the rest your viewers has to go to their site to read the rest (why people use free article sites is beyond me.)

I offered free directory submissions (nobody apparently wants them.)

Started writing articles (nobody is reading them.)

Building up on hundreds of article, forum and directory categories (not helping.)

Any advice?

TipPros.com is the site, it's a great concept. Tips, advice, questions, and answers. It's free exposure for members for they can write articles, forum posts, profile, answer quesions, etc, etc (this all gets rated under peer review.)

What else can I do? I need members badly. I'm 100% confident if I can get this site rolling with members posting content, this site would be a home run. Can't seem to get over this hurdle though.

Any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried the free articles for content but they are all basically a joke. You feed them in and you get the first 200 words and the rest your viewers has to go to their site to read the rest (why people use free article sites is beyond me.)

Don't use the feed, use the entire article. And use them to supplement, not replace, your original content. Obey the terms of use, which generally means including the author's info box - someone took the time to write the content, give them credit and their link! Don't want to get dinged for dupe content? Add some value to the article.

Started writing articles (nobody is reading them.)

Write more. Make them better. Pay attention to keywords and titles.

Building up on hundreds of article, forum and directory categories (not helping.)

If you don't have content, that will just worsen your ratio of content to total pages.

It's really difficult to be everything to everyone, especially for an unknown site. Why not pick one subject to concentrate on at first, get the ball rolling with that? Then expand.

•••
Write more. Make them better. Pay attention to keywords and titles.

I agree on this. Why don't you try to create a blog? it will surely help you than those article directories.

•••
You should promote your website smartly, your main aim should generate traffic from search engine or from other place, so fir make your website more interesting and search engine friendly, once this is done start promoting your website by posting quality article which is not duplicate or copy edited, give more importance to your website keywords, build quality links for your website, improve social networking presence of your website etc. this will help to generate quality traffic to your website.

•••
You can try various marketing methods and see which ones work best for you. It depends a lot on your niche and how proficient you are in the methods you undertake.

•••
I think before decide to write you should to examine what are your readers need to receiving from your site, don't write for your own. After that concentrationg on information that reach to your readers will attract readers more and more, they will come back your site again to find other interesting information from you and may introduce to others if they feel your site truly valuable

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back