Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

So, what do you DO?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Gene

Gene PimentelTop Member
Impact
487
Don't you just love to hate that question when you're a web developer/marketer/designer etc. and somebody wants to know what you do for work?

Here's a flowchart of the typical conversation:

SoWhatDoYouDO.jpg






.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
.. and they always end up how to open their email? actually ive experience this just yesterday.

no matter what question they ask me, i always reply with a question, "what is your internet problem?" :lol:
 
0
•••
True. Happens often. Usual question I get " My PC seems bit slow do you think its a virus ? ".
 
0
•••
I seem to keep getting "Why is my Internet slow?", "How do I see if someone is offline or just appearing offline on MSN messenger?" (though I actually know how to do that one...), and "I think I have this virus..."
My usual way of getting out of the conversation is "I haven't used Windows on my home machines for the best part of a year. Ask someone else." Oh, and, I just noticed I have two spinning stars :D
 
0
•••
Here's how that conversation goes for me:

Them: "So, what do you do?"
Me: "I program web applications"
Them: ...silence...
Me: "I'm a web developer"
Them: ...silence...
Me: "I make websites"
Them: "Oh, you're a web designer"
Me: ...silence...
 
0
•••
Barrucadu said:
I seem to keep getting "Why is my Internet slow?", "How do I see if someone is offline or just appearing offline on MSN messenger?" (though I actually know how to do that one...), and "I think I have this virus..."
My usual way of getting out of the conversation is "I haven't used Windows on my home machines for the best part of a year. Ask someone else." Oh, and, I just noticed I have two spinning stars :D

How do they respond to you telling them you have 2 spinning stars?
 
0
•••
I'm not sure, I'll have to mention that at some point to see the reaction :P
 
0
•••
LOL! "I'm a web designer and I have two spinning stars". I wanna see the reaction to that one!
 
0
•••
Awesome share Gene! LOL!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back