NameSilo

So called "Premium Names"

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

duceman

VIP Member
Impact
48
Isn't it time for us to come to an agreement on what we call premium names?

:imho: most of the sales threads usually claim to have "premium names". The truth is maybe 1 out of 50-100 sales threads have premium names in for sale. I'm sure most of us think/wish that our domains are premium, but would we really be offering them for sale for $##-$###.

I can see saying that the domain is a premium .net, .org, or ccTLD but there just aren't any premium .com's that would sale or be offered in the $## price range. (this doesn't include LLLL valuations). We through the term premium domain around so much that if I was a newbie I might actually think that my 4 word 3 hyphen .aero is premium

I'd love to hear some feed back and possibly create some sort of standard for tagging a domain as premium.

.....sorry for the rant.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
premium- that is often an opinion held by the domain owner-
generic- that is much easier to classify

i agree, premium has run wild with many names- generic tends to remain truer to its calling
 
0
•••
"premium" doesn't really meaning anything much, it is like using the word "good", 100% subjective.
 
0
•••
One word is too often profaned for me to profane it,
One feeling too often disdained for me to disdain it...
 
0
•••
"premium" has as much meaning as all these "official" threads that are popping up on Namepros.
 
0
•••
htmlindex said:
"premium" has as much meaning as all these "official" threads that are popping up on Namepros.
:lol: Yeah, I forgot to make this the "Official thread for discussing the use of premium"
 
0
•••
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder ....

I also think the term is overused , But see no way to moderate it really. I actually think people use it to gain attention but don't realize how often those type threads are overlooked. I'd actually be more inclined to open a thread that says "Crappy Domains" to be honest. :laugh:
 
0
•••
Actually as I think about it, the reason I started this thread was because of Ebay. I was looking for a diamond in the rough and ended up going through 15-20 threads that said "premium". Needless to say the domains were not premium :imho:
 
0
•••
in regards to "premium" i hate when i read "premium name for sale" and it is not

there are some LLLL owners write "premium LLLL" and their names have non-premium letters
i would like some letters were premium but they arent; period
when we talk about letters there are among domainers premium and non-premium letters, like it or not even some letters in my or in your opinion should be premium
 
0
•••
Its like calling your domain names rare or unique. Of courses they are all bloody unique / rare - that doesn't mean that they are any good though.
 
0
•••
When I see "premium name" above a thread it has got to the point that I ignore them, dont even look at them. Anyone who posts "premium names" without them being premium is harming their thread and the forum IMO.
 
0
•••
Premiums are in the eyes of the shopper :imho:
 
0
•••
This is a great thread...actually, it's even better than that...its a "premium thread".
 
0
•••
if you go to ebay, almost all are premium
 
0
•••
bricio said:
in regards to "premium" i hate when i read "premium name for sale" and it is not

there are some LLLL owners write "premium LLLL" and their names have non-premium letters
i would like some letters were premium but they arent; period

I guess just because they own a LLLL.com, they think it's a premium name, even if it's only gonna get them a $30 sale ;)

newvista said:
When I see "premium name" above a thread it has got to the point that I ignore them, dont even look at them. Anyone who posts "premium names" without them being premium is harming their thread and the forum IMO.

Maybe we should try an experiment & title our sales thread as "Non-Premium Domain For Sale". That might actually get more people viewing the thread :hehe:
 
0
•••
duceman said:
:lol: Yeah, I forgot to make this the "Official thread for discussing the use of premium"

By making that error you will never be able to achieve premiumness

I get rather tired of the Super-Generic-Premium-Dictionary threads that consist of 7254cards-mortgage.org, I typically just skip over them.
 
0
•••
premium if dealing with enom dot tv ....... they are the judge and jury
a LLL.tv will cost you $500 a year , also some generic names or more
 
Last edited:
0
•••
notlikeyou said:
... I get rather tired of the Super-Generic-Premium-Dictionary threads that consist of 7254cards-mortgage.org
A fitting example. There is such a thing as a legitimate "premium" domain, but the term gets misused so often. I hear young people say "That's AMAZING" when it's really just perhaps a bit interesting, or one notch above mediocre. :) Of course I grew up saying "That's AWESOME" so just as guilty. But I would like to reclaim "premium" as a meaningful adjective.
 
0
•••
Perhaps we could have ratings like

Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Lead & plastic?

Or like the financial industry

AAA AA A B ..... junk and deep junk

Of course people could set their own ratings too D-: isubprime D-:
 
0
•••
Real premium domains don't need to be advertised as premium.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back