IT.COM

domain Smolloan.com & Smolloans.com

NameSilo
Watch

GreenietheGreat

Impact
Hello everybody. I own both of these domain names and was hoping somebody here could give me a rough estimate of their potential value.

Marketable Benefits
• Shorter than the original smallloan.com
• Cute, innocent and approachable compared to smallloan.com, which, once branded, may help with acquiring customers.
• Nice symmetry in the lettering with the two "o" symbols, compared to an "a" and an "o".
• Positive contemporary internet association with cats on Reddit.
• Generally makes the act of obtaining a small loan less intimidating.
• Potential for trademark, since the word "smol" is distinguishable. Smallloan.com would be more difficult to trademark because it is more directly descriptive. However, it would still likely need to be used in commerce for several years before one would be able to apply for a trademark.

Thank you for your time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
zero for all.
keep on study. took.us all 1000s to know domains and know answer to questions like u are about to ask. why zero?

•••
Hello everybody. I own both of these domain names and was hoping somebody here could give me a rough estimate of their potential value.

Marketable Benefits
• Shorter than the original smallloan.com
• Cute, innocent and approachable compared to smallloan.com, which, once branded, may help with acquiring customers.
• Nice symmetry in the lettering with the two "o" symbols, compared to an "a" and an "o".
• Positive contemporary internet association with cats on Reddit.
• Generally makes the act of obtaining a small loan less intimidating.
• Potential for trademark, since the word "smol" is distinguishable. Smallloan.com would be more difficult to trademark because it is more directly descriptive. However, it would still likely need to be used in commerce for several years before one would be able to apply for a trademark.

Thank you for your time.
Unless it gets tons of type-in traffic I would not renew in Feb. of 2024. I would value it at about $10.

•••
zero for all.
keep on study. took.us all 1000s to know domains and know answer to questions like u are about to ask. why zero?
I don't understand. "Zero for all"?

•••
I hope you take the responses here the right way @GreenietheGreat . You are asking for a value and it is always what someone would pay you for it. These names are due to their misspellings worth close to nothing from an investor point of view.

Why? Because there are other options which are much better options for a lending business available to register today for reg fee. Among already picked names there are many many names stronger than these two available in decent price ranges for a brand looking for a new name.

Misspellings can be cute and usable but here I find it more confusing and most likely customers of these brands would also.

That said, with extreme luck 🍀 maybe someone, somewhere in the world agrees with your view and buy them from you but chances are you ROI would be higher on some other name.

Thus answering your question, wholesale to someone on this forum maybe a dollar or two a name. Retail most likely nothing because the competition is so hard out there.

I wish you the best of luck though and some advice. Check Namebio.com for names that have sold before and you will understand and learn more. Also, here on Namepros many will be happy to share knowledge if you ask (check the beginner threads to learn more.)

Welcome to Namepros and hope this first thread encourage you to learn and not made you upset so you give up.

•••
I hope you take the responses here the right way @GreenietheGreat . You are asking for a value and it is always what someone would pay you for it. These names are due to their misspellings worth close to nothing from an investor point of view.

Why? Because there are other options which are much better options for a lending business available to register today for reg fee. Among already picked names there are many many names stronger than these two available in decent price ranges for a brand looking for a new name.

Misspellings can be cute and usable but here I find it more confusing and most likely customers of these brands would also.

That said, with extreme luck 🍀 maybe someone, somewhere in the world agrees with your view and buy them from you but chances are you ROI would be higher on some other name.

Thus answering your question, wholesale to someone on this forum maybe a dollar or two a name. Retail most likely nothing because the competition is so hard out there.

I wish you the best of luck though and some advice. Check Namebio.com for names that have sold before and you will understand and learn more. Also, here on Namepros many will be happy to share knowledge if you ask (check the beginner threads to learn more.)

Welcome to Namepros and hope this first thread encourage you to learn and not made you upset so you give up.
Thank you so much for the long and thoughtful reply, spigiv. I will most likely hold onto it even if nobody wants to buy it, since I think it is a lovable and memorable brand name, especially for the loan industry, which is known for its callousness. Sort of like how Apple made computers more friendly. Again, thanks for your reply.

•••
$0 to $10 ea. = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
There are problems with these domains.

If you say: "go to smolloans dot com," people will interpret it to mean smallloans.com, and you have two notable deviations from this. You spell small smol, exchanging the a for an o and missing an l.

So what you'd have to do is say is: "go to smollloans dot com, that's s-m-o-l-l-o-a-n-s dot com!'"

Now ask yourself, who would pay for such a domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back