Domain Empire

Smartname Shop Feedback Please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There were a few threads back in March talking about the smartname shops and the ability to get them indexed in Google and Yahoo.

I've just gotten started with my first couple of smartname shops and I don't want to go too crazy before I can ensure they have a chance to be indexed.

What has been the experience of others? The older thread showed early promise but how do they hold up over time?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Man, I just applied with some exact product .us good names and got rejected. Was really looking forward to trying them out :(

Anyone know what they are looking for?

I Submitted names like adjustabledumbbells, cruiserbikes, carpettiles and more like that. All get a decent number of people searching per month for the particular products.

All of my .us product domains have been accepted on the ecommmerce shopping platform. I applied with a small sample of my BEST names, which included a generic .com that probably helped.

None of my sites have been indexed by Yahoo or Google though and I'm getting ready ot move them away. Looked good in theory but it isn't working for me.

•••
I have had many ccTLDs approved inlcuding a 2nd level.in. I wonder if they are changing that? Here are a few of my ccTLDs set up in the shop format. Notice the variety of ccTLDs in use.

Book.org.in
CommercialVacuum.eu
TeddyBear.be
TeddyBears.es
Paperback.cc
Paperback.bz
GolfBag.ws
FireSafe.in

Last edited:
•••
SmartName seems to be down. Sites aren't resolving

Edit*

And they're back... I'm that guy :(

Last edited:
•••
Just an update on my experience. I have been having trouble getting Double Oven dot com indexed in google on the smartname ecommerce platform. I believe there are some issues with the template that are causing the meta keywords and descriptions to be unreadable by google.

Frustrated, I moved it back to Sedo and quickly my site was indexed by Google on the sedo parking page! (I'm actually on page two today for the keyword "double oven") I've switched the site back to smartname to see if the indexing will hold.

•••
Just an update on my experience. I have been having trouble getting Double Oven dot com indexed in google on the smartname ecommerce platform. I believe there are some issues with the template that are causing the meta keywords and descriptions to be unreadable by google.

Frustrated, I moved it back to Sedo and quickly my site was indexed by Google on the sedo parking page! (I'm actually on page two today for the keyword "double oven") I've switched the site back to smartname to see if the indexing will hold.

SmartNames parking uses Yahoo ad feeds. Just my guess, I don't know for sure, but it is possible that Google is ignoring it since it has a competitor's ad feed.

•••
I'm using their ecommerce platform, not their parking, which is a shopping.com feed. In addition, I have adsense on it and analytics.

It isn't being indexed properly in Yahoo either. I'm convinced there is a flaw in the SEO metrics offered by Smartname.

•••
SmartNames parking uses Yahoo ad feeds. Just my guess, I don't know for sure, but it is possible that Google is ignoring it since it has a competitor's ad feed.

That would have nothing to do with it.

causing the meta keywords and descriptions to be unreadable by google.

And that's not it. You don't need either to be indexed.

I think Google considers those sites webspam, pure and simple:

- "Cookie cutter" style sites all on the same nameservers.
- Unmodified product datafeeds - the identical product descriptions that can be found on hundreds of other sites.
- No value-added content
- Overuse of one keyword (on some sites I saw)
- Pages on unrelated subjects. An apparel related domain mentioned earlier in this thread has pages on Travel, Finance, Online Education and a 3 BR home (?!) among its 10 indexed pages - that's not good.

I don't know what they let you customize, but I'd customize as much as possible. As-is, those are "cookie cutter" thin-affiliate sites - Google hates those.

•••
You are probably correct enlytend but some people claimed to have been indexed using this platform. My experience has been negative and I will probably move it away soon.

•••
Some (but not all) of my smartname shops are indexed by google. The one that is performing the best so far is weddingpackages.info

•••
triplepen, did you pick that up off a drop or did you have a content site up on that previously? If you do a site command ...

site:weddingpackages.info

and look at the pages, click on the "cached" links and they're articles - completely different content from the smartnames shop.

For the domains that have smartnames shop pages indexed, it would be interesting to see if there are changes in the # of pages indexed over time.

•••
I think I bought that one at NP auctions. I guess the old pages would explain why it's doing better than the others.

kneeboard.info seems to be only smartnames pages, it has earned a bit of revenue. A lot of pages come up with the site command. I'll check back on that one later on.

It's only been a few weeks with smartnames, I have about 50 names with them, I'll see how they do for the next couple of months.

•••
can we see some of these stores please

•••
evirtual1, are you just looking to view examples of smartname shops?

Some of mine are;

Kneeboard.info
Wine.org.in
Fixtur.es
WineHolder.us

To see one that also has adsense incorporated:

Touch-Screen.ca

**Anybody visiting these sites, please do not click on any displayed ads** This is only to see examples of sites not to encourage click fraud.

•••
interesting you have a hack name site ...... has it done any good i wonder ?

i requested no adsense on epik sites

Last edited:
•••
Are you getting any traffic at all? How well do they pay?

evirtual1, are you just looking to view examples of smartname shops?

Some of mine are;

Kneeboard.info
Wine.org.in
Fixtur.es
WineHolder.us

To see one that also has adsense incorporated:

Touch-Screen.ca

**Anybody visiting these sites, please do not click on any displayed ads** This is only to see examples of sites not to encourage click fraud.

•••
bras.ws
CameraNeeds.com
MyanJewelry.com

•••
Are you getting any traffic at all? How well do they pay?

The traffic doesn't seem to be a problem if their reports are correct.

Many of my domains have seen increased traffic according to the reports supplied by smartnames, but converting them to paying clicks has been slow.

I have had a few offers to buy domains that came through the link at the top of the page. One was the other hack domain that I had set up as a shop. It resulted in a decent sale.

•••
i submitted a few with hyphens ? i wonder how i will go ?

i guess if they get some more offers it may add up to a win

•••
I have a few sites (Noomle) that are well indexed and receiving hits daily. But ctr is very low. DO you think they would make good names to run through a smartname shop?

@evirtual - I like your Cheap Sunglasses site....Epik making you any money?

Thanks

•••
I have a few sites (Noomle) that are well indexed and receiving hits daily. But ctr is very low. DO you think they would make good names to run through a smartname shop?

@evirtual - I like your Cheap Sunglasses site....Epik making you any money?

Thanks

That site is only a week old , got indexed by google within two days but over all not really making any cash from 3 other stores other some cpc . I think i will leave it at four epik stores because for the cost the return may not be there , but having said that things may pick up , the oldest store is only 3 months

Thats why i was happy to come across this thread and see if i can get a few more going without the $250 set up cost

The one thing the epik stores have over these stores is the advantage of being able to add articles which of course will help the seo

i think there will be more and more opportunities like this coming up in the next year or so ..... then domainers can really start to make their names work for them

•••
i wonder how for a reply ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back