IT.COM

Skin your Phpbb forum yourself

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redz

Account Closed
Impact
First thing you do is find a skin that you want to use for you phpbb, you can do this by looking on google or going here=http://phpbbhacks.com/.
Once you download the one you want you unzip it and drag it to your desktop.
Then you upload the folder to your server in the forum/templates directory. Once you do that you chmod it 777. Then you just go to your admin panel on your phpbb forum and install the skin. If you want that skin to be the default skin all you have to do is go to configuration and change it their. :). Hope this helps some of you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
are there any tutrials/help guides on how to make a completely new skin yourself? i seen 1 for invision but im not a fan of that

•••
Yeah i would like one for a VB forum!

•••
•••
I find that using skins besides subsilver generally leads to trouble down the road when it comes to making updates when they release a new version. I prefer to does do some color changes and mods to header.tpl and footer.tpl. It keeps things a little cleaner.
(I have about 30 phpbb forums)

•••
Nice simple tut! Thanks! :tu:

Last edited:
•••
Try here although they aim it at subsilver you can apply it to any design, if you find it useless TR me :P any help add me to msn and ask.

•••
The update process is a real hassle if you use more than one skin per forum, but normally the templates are not that heavily updated like the rest of the files.

I made my own template using the subsilver as the basic. Just copied and renamed the subsilver template and began editing the header, footer and css files to make a new template.

Its really easy and you can enable this template for a bogus user for example while editing the template.

If you are stuck simply delete the folder and start over again.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back