Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Simple site - Recipe

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecil_the_turtle

Established Member
Impact
5
I put this site up with a recipe that I created: familychili.com.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Please keep in mind that I am very new to web design. I am trying to get acquainted with css and xhtml.)

I would like to do my site layout in CSS rather than tables as I have it right now.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
There's not really too much design to it - it just looks like text slapped onto the page.

I understand you don't want to use tables - but I'd come up with a design and then play with how to implement it using CSS/XHTML.
 
0
•••
Agreed.
There's nothing or not much to your site. You could convey a lot more about chilly, whether it's yours or chilly in general. Add visuals, a detailed walk through, maybe a short video, give users the option to comment and rate your recipe, etc.
At the same time, considering that you're just beginning with designing sites, it's a valid effort. Just don't stop there. :tu:

M.
 
1
•••
Well like everybody said, not much to say about the site but the domain has great potential . You can buy an recipe script and add lots of recipes, the internet is full with chili recipes or you can use wordpress and customize it for an recipe site and add recipes . The domains has potential but the curently site won`t get you anywhere .

All the luck with it ,
Iulian
 
1
•••
Get a free CSS template and tweak it to your liking - its fairly easy, or even use one as is.
Or use Wordpress :)
 
1
•••
Their are some great recipe-based sites that use Wordpress. Easy to set up and there are plenty of open source designs out there.
 
1
•••
Thanks for the advice everyone. Reps added.

I know that the site does need more content. I just put the one recipe of my own for a start. I plan on putting many more recipes along with a user-submission section. I just need to create a form.

Also, how do I go about implementing a rating section? Would I use a cgi script?

Thanks.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back