Dynadot

showcase Showcase Your Spanish Domains!

Namecheap

Silentptnr

Domains88.com
Impact
I recently registered a Spanish domain name and I'm pretty happy with it. I actually registered it a couple of months ago. I speak very little spanish, but I recognized the words on this one.

I had forgotten about it, then this morning I was reading up on some Sedo sales and came across a similar domain that sold.

Thought I would start a thread for Spanish Domains.

The domain I registered is:
BienGracias.com.

I noticed a sale this morning that caught my eye...
estoybien.com $10,000

Anyone else that has Spanish domain names, feel free to post them here.

Impact
Some names do look better if used with correct accents (and ñ /not n/ where required). This is not to say that Spanish-speaking endusers and/or their website visitors do always use or expect to see accents when they type a web address, but, when I personally assisted some Spanish-speaking endusers with handregging domains, they found it better to either select something that does not require anything specific such as accents, or to register both versions. As a side note, it is also good idea to check the result with somebody who speaks Spanish natively. For example, even though "año nuevo" means "New Year", it would not be a good idea to replace ñ with n in newyear-related domains, as "ano nuevo" would mean something very, very different in Spanish.

Last edited:

creataweb

Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo
Impact
Some names do look better if used with correct accents (and ñ /not n/ where required). This is not to say that Spanish-speaking endusers and/or their website visitors do always use or expect to see accents when they type a web address, but, when I personally assisted some Spanish-speaking endusers with handregging domains, they found it better to either select something that does not require anything specific such as accents, or to register both versions. As a side note, it is also good idea to check the result with somebody who speaks Spanish natively. For example, even though "año nuevo" means "New Year", it would not be a good idea to replace ñ with n in newyear-related domains, as "ano nuevo" would mean something very, very different in Spanish.

This is true and remember they have access to native keyboards for these special letters.

BrandPlease

BrandPlease.com
Impact
I dont disagree with you at all @tonyk2000 and proper "should" be the best - especially for a native speaker.

BUT... at this moment I have no idea how to type those symbols, like most single-lingual Americans HAHAHAHA.

I'm too old, language classes were optional when I was in school and I was a lazy kid.

Impact
I have no idea how to type those symbols
Just activate extra languages support in your OS. No need to physically replace keyboard. I for example have japanese(!) keyboard and can type in Spanish if I want, and typing English symbols now. The only issue would be to remember what keys are _really_ where after the layout change.

Last edited: