IT.COM

discuss Showcase and Discuss SMART domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ruzeen

Top Member
Impact
I'm creating this thread because I was surprised to see that no one had created a place to discuss or share "smart" domains. Like smartphone.com

Please share your experiences...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
SmartDataService

smart data is the new big data so I thought it could be a good investment.

•••
Smart technology is everywhere and "smart" + keyword names tend to sell very well.

Feel free to discuss the "smart" niche and share some of your "smart" domain names.

•••
Exactly my thought, been collecting "smart" + keyword domains from the first day i started domaining (also Namebio.com shows a promising history of "smart" domains)..
Currently holding about 150 "smart" + keyword (and "smart" + keyword + keyword) domains and sold about 11 of them so far

•••
SmartTable dot net
SmartPays dot com
SmartClothes dot org
Smart-Drone dot com
i-SmartWatch dot com
SmartMobileWallet dot com
PhoneSmartWatch dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

Last edited:
•••
lots of trademarks about on Smart + keyword......be careful!

•••
•••
lots of trademarks about on Smart + keyword......be careful!
Nothing to worry about.

"Smart" is just a descriptive word. Like any domain, just don't use it in a way that infringes on the TM holder.

•••
Smart names are great and do sell well, but it's probably the most picked through keyword there is.

Anyone who is hand regging smart+keyword domains is just reaching at this point..

•••
Last edited:
•••
Nothing to worry about.

"Smart" is just a descriptive word. Like any domain, just don't use it in a way that infringes on the TM holder.

Good luck finding a smart domain that does not infringe!

•••
It's interesting how some "smart" terms don't really catch on. Like Smart Televisions. I thought it would have been more popular than it has been and maybe it hasn't reached it's peak of popularity as "smart TVs" haven't completely caught on yet....but it's sure taking a while. I have a feeling that the public will just skip the "smart" and will just call them TVs with extra connective features.

•••
It has to suck to own a "smart" domain after the term has lost it's flame, so it's worth noting that the time to sell may be limited. For example, if you have a "smartphone" domain, you might want to consider dropping it if no one's biting, because people are starting to just call them "phones" now. If someone wanted to give me "smartphone.com" for free I wouldn't even bother. My point is that the "smart" wears off once a product becomes the norm....

When "smart clothes" become the norm (or if they ever do) people will just call them clothing and so on....

Last edited:
•••
Good luck finding a smart domain that does not infringe!
You're not understanding how it works.

Take smart cars for example. There could be a TM for the term as it relates to the car parking itself. The owner of smartcars.com doesn't infringe unless they use the domain in a way that is similar to the TM holder.

Just about everything has TMs. That certainly doesn't mean that the holders of those marks are entitled to certain domain names!

•••
You're not understanding how it works.

Take smart cars for example. There could be a TM for the term as it relates to the car parking itself. The owner of smartcars.com doesn't infringe unless they use the domain in a way that is similar to the TM holder.

Just about everything has TMs. That certainly doesn't mean that the holders of those marks are entitled to certain domain names!
Definitely agree with Keith on this one.

Smart names are great and do sell well, but it's probably the most picked through keyword there is.

Anyone who is hand regging smart+keyword domains is just reaching at this point..
Most hand regs are reaching these days....

•••
It has to suck to own a "smart" domain after the term has lost it's flame, so it's worth noting that the time to sell may be limited. For example, if you have a "smartphone" domain, you might want to consider dropping it if no one's biting, because people are starting to just call them "phones" now. If someone wanted to give me "smartphone.com" for free I wouldn't even bother. My point is that the "smart" wears off once a product becomes the norm....

When "smart clothes" become the norm (or if they ever do) people will just call them clothing and so on....

Looks like SmartPhone.net recently sold on godaddy for $6,700...........surprised it wasn't more to be honest!

Mobile.net sold for $500,000 this year!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
SMARTCLOTHES.FR
SMARTCLOTHES.IT

•••

When "smart clothes" become the norm (or if they ever do) people will just call them clothing and so on..

You cant be serious??? here are some smart sales....definitely lost their flame?

SmartTrade.com
$72,000

SmartStop.com
$59,000

GiveSmart.com
$49,000

SmartCamera.com
$29,200

SmartInsurance.com
$26,300

SmartSuit.com
$23,000

EnergySmart.com
$22,000

Smart.org
$20,100

SmartFleet.com
$17,280

SmartPhoto.com
$16,800

SmartFleet.co.uk
$17,280

SmartSleep.com
$13,000

SmartLift.com
$15,000

SmartTask.com
$15,000

SmartLivingHome.com
$2300

SmartExam.com
$7500

RentSmart.net
$7500

SmartUrban.com
$5000

SmartDrops.com
$3000

•••
I only have a couple of them but the one I like the most from my list is "Smart Wearablez" dot com.

•••
My point is that the "smart" wears off once a product becomes the norm....

True, and if everything is iot-enabled by default then you would need to specify that it is not, if that is what you want....now how do you do that? Dumb comes to mind, meaning traditional or pre-digital. Next trend: "dumb" domains. But dumbphones.com is taken, since 2005.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back