Dynadot

discuss Should NamePros require sales threads include push / transfer option?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should NamePros require sales threads include push / transfer option?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    80.0%
  • No

vote
    20.0%
  • I don't care. Just make sure to provide free cheese next time you wine.

vote
    20.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Some sellers voluntarily state change of ownership options, such as Push or Transfer. Should this be required?

The Difference
:
Push: The domain stays at the registrar. Some may feel, there is less risk for the seller, in that if a chargeback (or something) were to occur, your registrar could take action if supplied with proper evidence by proper authority. A push is also, generally, less work (and quicker) for a seller in comparison to the additional steps required when transferring a domain. Additionally, an expired domain, can sometimes be transferred, but to my knowledge, not pushed.

Transfer: The domain leaves the registrar. If a chargeback (or something) were to occur, you'd have to present proper evidence, by proper authority to the new registrar. And this process may not be as streamlined, or smooth, as if the domain stayed at the same registrar. More so, some buyers refuse to use a certain registrar, and insist on a transfer out. Whereas, for time, or other reasons such as a transfer lock, a seller might insist a push is the only option.
Thoughts welcomed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think that forcing both push and transfer should be required. I do believe however that the first post should state if it's push only or if transfer is ok.

Personally have no issues with transferring unless it's a very valuable domain and buyer is new.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back