Dynadot

purchases Should I purchase 14 same pattern domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wali Dahot

Top Member
Impact
While searching I stumbled upon a short 5L combination of .com. I just have to change first letter, rest combo remains same. Barring four all other alphabetical letters are available, also Excluding A, E, I, O, U, W, X and Z, there are 14 name available for registration. Should I register them all? Only one of them resembles a hot keyword, rest are random but pronouncable..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, 5L's are better when pronounceable and brandable

There are 1000's of 5L names available to register, but the good brandables are harder to find, rather get a 6L brandable than a random letter 5L

•••

There are 1000's of 5L names available to register, but the good brandables are harder to find, rather get a 6L brandable than a random letter 5L
I dont know much about brandable thing but all are very much pronouncable and are not like xvxyx or ievyo type..

•••
:stop:
Learn about the brandable thing first

•••
there are 14 name available for registration. Should I register them all?
If you think you can sell them, or have plans to develop them, sure go ahead.

But to ask others whether you should or shouldn't reg domains, with no-one knowing the domains, you and your domaining abilities, or your financial situation, is somewhat pointless. May as well ask others here if you should wear a coat to go outside because you feel it looks cold out there. ...wherever you are.

Only you know what you can or will do with them if you do.

•••
If you think you can sell them, or have plans to develop them, sure go ahead.

But to ask others whether you should or shouldn't reg domains, with no-one knowing the domains, you and your domaining abilities, or your financial situation, is somewhat pointless. May as well ask others here if you should wear a coat to go outside because you feel it looks cold out there. ...wherever you are.

Only you know what you can or will do with them if you do.
Thanks that cleared a lot. I might be getting blind guesses as I havent and cant describe much details. I will just go for one out of them..

•••
I look at this like with how many sets one should do when lifting weights. Three or four are all you need.

Well if three or four are good, why not a thousand?

Similarly with these random letter five Ls. If 14 are good why not a thousand?

The point being that there are a finite number of 5Ls that are good and there is a reason why many are available to hand register. If you think 14 available hand regs that no one wants are good why don’t you just pick up a 1000.

—-

Anyway your idea of picking up just one to test sounds much better.

Last edited:
•••
Stick with the one you like, getting carried away with variation registrations is always a poor decision just because they are available.. The longer you look the more you will find

•••
Only one of them resembles a hot keyword

You answered your own question right here. I'd go for the one name that has something relatable when you hear it. Regging 14 random names out of 1000's available seems like throwing a $140 worth of bait into a stream and hoping for a catch (in the first year).

•••

Lately, I'm getting more inquiries for my short, two-word domain names than for my LLLLs... just saying.

•••
Lately, I'm getting more inquiries for my short, two-word domain names than for my LLLLs... just saying.

LLLL.com are a different ballgame, the OP is referring to LLLLL.com (5 letter) names, they don't work unless they are pronounceable names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back