Dynadot

question Should I buy a 21 year old domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ravindrasinh Chauhan

Established Member
Impact
I found 21 year old domain but its current bid price is very low so confused that I should buy it or not

Please advise me

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No way to know without knowing the name— and no don’t post it. Just because something is aged doesn’t mean its a good domain or even relevant to today’s market.

Before deciding to bid check trademarks, valuations, if other extensions are registered or in use, NameBio for similar keyword sales etc. If you are unsure what is or is not a good name keep learning and buy later.

•••
Dont buy a name without researching a list of end users first. Have buyers in mind before you buy a name.

•••
it depends , the older the batter?Probably not

•••
I found 21 year old domain but its current bid price is very low so confused that I should buy it or not

Please advise me

Thank you

Just because of the age NO!!! There are plenty of names that are aged 20 years. Does not make them worthwhile.

Back in the day heck, people bought longer hyphenated names when they could have registered a superior name. Because they renewed it for 20 years does not make it valuable.

whiterunkle.com
24 year old sitting there GoDaddy closeouts, nobody wants

webdz9.com 23 year old domain, whoever registered that could have done better in 1997. Must have meant something to them, but to no one else.

mva-group.com 24 year old heck GoDaddy values at $1,482 no one wants.

•••
Just because of the age NO!!! There are plenty of names that are aged 20 years. Does not make them worthwhile.

Back in the day heck, people bought longer hyphenated names when they could have registered a superior name. Because they renewed it for 20 years does not make it valuable.

whiterunkle.com
24 year old sitting there GoDaddy closeouts, nobody wants

webdz9.com 23 year old domain, whoever registered that could have done better in 1997. Must have meant something to them, but to no one else.

mva-group.com 24 year old heck GoDaddy values at $1,482 no one wants.
Thanks for this

But what if name doesn't have any hyphens or numbers and the name make sense and easily pronounce?

•••
Thanks for this

But what if name doesn't have any hyphens or numbers and the name make sense and easily pronounce?

"Makes sense" does not equal "has commercial value to an end user that can be validated with historical sales data and/or search engine results and traffic."

There are plenty of words that make sense, but would be crappy names for a brand or company.

If you find a short .com where the main keyword(s) are in use by over a few dozen end users, AND you've seen similar names in DNJournal sales reports, AND it's taken in all (or several) other extensions, and you've checked alternatives and they're all developed and in use by end users, AND it happens to be a 20 year-old name, then yes, get it.

It sounds like you're trying too hard to find value in the name. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's valuable. Study what sells.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back