IT.COM

.us Shops.us versus shopsUS.Com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'VE just picked up shopsUS.com which
was unbelievably not regged but this raises
an interesting question which one between
shops.us and shopsUS.com is the better one??

Of course thay might both be worthless but I'm
interested in any views since it might give an indication
of whether it is better to reg the *.us or the *us.com
for other domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com is king, period. What do you have in mind for ShopsUS.com? It has no obvious meaning to me... other than maybe a directory of shops (what kind?!) in the US?

•••
Thats the idea... I mean ultsearch has travelus.com
and he's not stupid.

Last edited:
•••
For development for a us store/shopping site or similar, shop.us has more long-term potential, :imho: . Right now, shopus.com I think is better as an "us" ("we") although I too am surprised that it was available.
-Allan

•••
I Have similiar
WebName4.US
WebName4US.com
NameforUs.com
Name4us.com
webnamefor.us

Main reason was to catch Typo's
.US is Preferred of the two
US.com was only for those people who do not Realise not all domains
are .com's

Last edited:
•••
.Com is king now, but in the future you may be better off using *.us if you target the US market :) Not only is it a shorter name to remember, but it's also a great way to stand out from the rest of the .com crowd!

Last edited:
•••
dabb said:
.com is king, period. What do you have in mind for ShopsUS.com? It has no obvious meaning to me... other than maybe a directory of shops (what kind?!) in the US?

I agree that shops is too generic a term to be useful for an end-user..it is better to focus on travel as mentioned above or another focussed product and add the us or usa.com

•••
of course shops.us is more valuable, but for branding purposes, maybe both will work well

•••
For development buy both. Develop/promote the .us and redirect the us.com to the .us.

JMHO

•••
Shops.us is the better of the 2...

Cant really compare ShopsUS.com to TravelUS.com due to you having the plural of " Shop "

I cant see it as having much wholesale value as is.

Thus

•••
shops.us is better. It's one word with a ccTLD ending. shopsus together isn't really a word or even a complete phrase in the common sense. TravelUS is a complete phrase in that people do Travel the U.S. They don't "shops" the U.S. The plural version of shop just doesn't cut it in my opinion. Sometimes it works, somethimes it doesn't depending whether it's a noun, verb, or otherwise to make it sound right.

•••
I agree with pretty much everything said. I like the shops.us better just because it's shorter and brandability.

•••
That was definately a better buy than shop.us but it would of still been pretty nice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back