Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Shell script is not writing to log file

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

ohcnetwork

New Member
Impact
0
I have the following shell script.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Variables
LOGFILE="/home/admin/cron/http_log"

# redirect STDOUT stream to LOGFILE
exec 1>>$LOGFILE

echo "GET /" | nc localhost 80
(The file name is /home/admin/cron/checkhttp.sh and the directory /home/admin/cron/, its subdirectories and all files in the directory and subdirectories have

Owner root
Group psaadm

and the file's permission is set to rxwr-xr-x. I set up a cron job in Plesk so that the script is executed every 5 minutes; its configuration is as follows:

Min */5
H *
DM *
M *
DW *
Command /home/admin/cron/checkhttp.sh)

The script is not writing to /home/admin/cron/http_log, and I don't know why. Why is the script not writing to /home/admin/cron/http_log? How can I fix the problem?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back