IT.COM

question Shall I reg this name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i have found a name that receives massive traffic to the .com and all tld are gone apart from the co.uk. the name ive found is not english and may or may not be tradmarked. However from what i can tell this domain seems to be huge in there country but is a combo of letters and numbers. Shall i reg it.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No use., Sorry.
Instead you can register a typo of that original domain.

•••
Agree with Suthra.

I've tried this before, and typos are much better than regging the name with other extensions (unless it's .com).
And in this case when the site isn't english I doubt that you would get much traffic to .co.uk

•••
No use registering unless there's a popularity for the product/service in the UK.

•••
try and see if there is a typo it's your best bet.

•••
My personal advice: Don't register if it's not a .COM.

•••
No way! Most likely wouldn't be worth it.

•••
Agreed with James, unless there are interest in the .co.uk area, most people would not try that extension.

•••
thanks for all your views on this i was 50/50 on buying this name but now seeing these replys its help make my mind up not to get it thanks people

•••
Never ceases to amaze me, how much info was practically common knowledge to many domainers, so long ago.

By the year 2004, advice was given on not going with a different extension, but rather a using typo in .com to gain some traffic bleed. Type-ins were still huge then. Nowadays, many typos have evolved into "brandables", when crafted properly.

Also mentioned is domain geo relevance, which still holds true.

In 2004,
Don't register if it's not a .COM
And that was with just a couple other gTLD competitors in the namespace arena, eg .net, .org then.

•••
So finally what did you decide to register or skip it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back