NameSilo

****.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi guys,

I put ******** together in the last few months. All the work has been done by myself in my spare time (I am not a designer), so please take that in account :)

Make sure you check a thread as well. Example:

There is a lot more to check if you have minute or two.

I'll be happy for every review, positive or negative. Just keep it honest and constructive, so I can eventually improve it, or just remove it completely if it's so bad :/.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally love laravel but the mobile views have to worked out, no defined boundaries as the content is stretched out of view. Assuming its as simple as some css work with your mobile containers or divs.

Great domain and subject though.

•••
Thank you for you insight @king8654

Still need to optimize for a small screen mobile devices. If I just had more time... Would love to spend it on seoforum. Maybe in december.

•••
•••
•••
Wow, for a weekend only project that is really clean. It looks like Reddit almost in some ways. I am also a huge Laravel dev myself (alongside so many other languages). What is the DB you're running for this? Hosted on AWS/ELB or self-hosted?

•••
Hey Timothy. Glad you like it!

It's running standard MariaDB, and it is hosted on a VPS (self).

•••
I think You should think about get some big players from seo and sell or get commission from selling some seo related stuff.

•••
Good luck in 2020 ;)

@Donmarick thank you!

I think You should think about get some big players from seo and sell or get commission from selling some seo related stuff.

Wiring some big time SEOs would be sweet, but I don't think that's possible for me as I am not such a well known name within industry, not even a full-time SEO...

So the only way for me to grow the forum up is slowly gaining traction by helping people that land on the forum and answer their questions.

Always thankful for mentions on magazines, blogs, forums... 🙏
It helps too.

•••
You no need to be SEO expert if You get some nice traffic for SEO phrases You can sell some place on site for ads I think it should be nice passive income just get some nice google positions, You have great domain name to do this I hope it will motivate You enough ;_). Good luck :)

•••
Of course it motivates me! That's why I come here from time to time and re-read the whole thread (couple times) :lookaround:

The domain helps, but mostly because of some type-in traffic, which is super relevant in this case - so it converts into new users pretty well.

There is quiet some volume for seo forum/community phrases on google search, and that alone would make it quite active place with nice traffic. However, the competition in this niche is crazy high - one of the highest overall, so it's easier said than done.

Again, thank you for your kind words. Highly appreciated.

Martin

•••
Looks great and of course solid domain name that will keep giving dividends forever!
@vital How are you going about marketing this forum? I have started a forum recently, so wondering how does one go about marketing it?

•••
Thank you @nononsense123 !

Honestly, marketing old-fashioned forum is super hard in 2020, because social media and big established websites are stealing your potential users.

My bet is on the good domain, good reputation, high anti-spam standards, no bullshit (annoying pop-ups, allow notifications browser dialogs, scam-ish ads, selling e-books, courses, etc.)... Trying to answer as much questions as possible, to pay back for the time users spent registering and asking (creating) on the site.
However, I am 100% inbound about it, so the growth is very slow, could be much faster if leveraged outbound right. Still just a hobby project though.

Anyway, marketing efforts would differ depending on the niche. As mentioned in this thread many times already, SEO is one of the most competitive niches online, so it takes a lot to get somewhere. Could be easier with something else.

•••
@vital truly appreciate your approach! Good luck!

•••
Thank you @nononsense123 !

Honestly, marketing old-fashioned forum is super hard in 2020, because social media and big established websites are stealing your potential users.

My bet is on the good domain, good reputation, high anti-spam standards, no bullshit (annoying pop-ups, allow notifications browser dialogs, scam-ish ads, selling e-books, courses, etc.)... Trying to answer as much questions as possible, to pay back for the time users spent registering and asking (creating) on the site.
However, I am 100% inbound about it, so the growth is very slow, could be much faster if leveraged outbound right. Still just a hobby project though.

Anyway, marketing efforts would differ depending on the niche. As mentioned in this thread many times already, SEO is one of the most competitive niches online, so it takes a lot to get somewhere. Could be easier with something else.

You are right. That makes the two of us. I have also made a daring step to by cupidforum.com (for sale)
Am a forum die hard. But honestly, getting it started is hard. I love your domain name bro. SEO is a subject that will never die on the internet. And it keeps evolving.

I suggest you invest in very quality SEO blog posts. You can even pay for quality articles. That way, you will have traffic in the forum.

Also, you can seek partnerships with some SEO companies or individuals. Yes, it's not practical to think in these lines when it is only a hobby project. But I am sure you can do a lot with this domain.

I wouldn't mind buying this domain if you consider flipping it in the future :)

•••
Thanks @bomb2060

Blog posts would definitely help, need to find some time to dive into research and look up someone credible yet not crazy expensive to prepare good piece of content.

I was already offered a partnership but didn't like the idea of scattering the place with ads.

Received low $xx,xxx offer to sell the forum during the early covid days, but rejected it, as I think the whole forum thing is a long-term process and if I sell now, I won't find out what I can do with it :)

Last edited:
•••
Looks great and of course solid domain name that will keep giving dividends forever!
@vital How are you going about marketing this forum? I have started a forum recently, so wondering how does one go about marketing it?
I have seen your forum, looks good. But i would suggest you consider Xenforo. It has an inbuilt SEO thing, that ensures pages are indexed on google. I have seen only about 86 pages have been indexed for your forum, despite having lots of interaction.

Marketing a forum in this eras is tricky. You just have to get members from related forums and discussion groups. The Facebook advertisement may get you thousands of views but close to zero sign-ups. Facebook IQ does not auger well with forums. So you'd rather go shopping form other forums.

Also, your forum seems like one that will do well with a blog. An attractive colorful blog, with good articles. To get you ranking. Your Alex rank is currently 0, which would not be the case on Xenforo, I guess.

I acquired the domain cupidforum.com just the other day, I haven't even installed xenforo yet, but it is somehow ranked No. 4.8M globally!!! Yours can do better.

What you are doing so far is ok (signature advert), join many forums, contribute regularly, bump those threads in a non-intrusive way. And you will get attention and traffic juice for your forum.

•••
Alexa rank in range of millions (even in tens of thousands) means nothing really.

Never checked Alexa in years, but did 30 seconds ago to prove my point:
website I own, that receives 1k+ unique visitors a day has Alexa of 0
website I own, that receives 50 visitors a day has Alexa of 2,6M

All I can say is focus on what really matters and leave meaningless numbers and made up ranks to those who believe it does matter.

•••
It's a cool domain.
Neat and clutter-free theme.
You can increase the font-size of the main paragraph? It's bit small on wide desktop screens!

•••
It's a cool domain.
Neat and clutter-free theme.
You can increase the font-size of the main paragraph? It's bit small on wide desktop screens!
Thanks.

You mean just the post/reply text font?

•••
Please, do not spam seoforum with domains you're selling. It's here for discussion on SEO related topics, not your sales promo/spamming.

Thanks for understanding!

•••
Please, do not spam seoforum with domains you're selling. It's here for discussion on SEO related topics, not your sales promo/spamming.

Thanks for understanding!
Maybe you should add a section for classifieds? It seems like its a category that your members may like. Plus it is still relevant to SEO talks.

•••
Well, I am sure it would be full of crap in no time.

•••
Well, I am sure it would be full of crap in no time.
The beauty of forums is that crap can be managed. It can be put it its box, where only people interested in the crap can visit. The rest will not be affected. At the end of the day, it is a win-win if well moderated to avoid spammy links.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back