IT.COM

SEO Software

NameSilo
Watch
Can anyone recommend a good search engine optimization software tool that will help me to optimize my website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
webpositiongold is the best that I know of. However,
Google is wise and is getting more tricky.
I dont know if it works that well, honestly. It takes
more than just software - for example it cant create reciprocial links for you, and that is a must.

•••
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try and compare it to another program I tried out. I'll let you know how it goes

•••
•••
•••
I purchased and have been using Web Position Gold. It can only be used on 5 URLs, there is a pro version for unlimited. Even though I have followed all instructions and all pages show ready and have been submitted, I still cannot place on the first 50. Like someone mentioned it's not about optimization only anymore, and I would love to find some techniques for placing higher that don't involve cloaking etc.

•••
I'm using bCentral's Submit-It - www.bcentral.com.

Cost $80 + $30 additional url - so I'm only pushing 4 pages through, but it's been alright so far. Inktomi updates my 4 pages every 48 hours. I've had a steady increase in page rankings. bCentral's thingy analyses your pages for keyword density, possible spam, broken url's etc. and then lets you submit it to about 20 different search engines/directories + anything that pulls inktomi results.

I've had some success with it http://www.eyeontime.com:

online timesheet #2
free online timesheet #1
free timesheet #7

It hasn't gotten me into the top 10 on the two biggest keyword phrases in the industry i'm competing in, but there's been definite gradual improvement.

Cheers,
Ben

•••
My advice is to tweak your META tags and to get other sites to link to you. :)

•••
1)Try creating relevant doorway pages,for example, if u r dealing in real estates in new york, Create doorway pages that contains links as, New_york_real_estate.html etc, inside the folder, newyork_realestate. THe best doorway builder i have seen so far is doorway blaster by www.submitad.com. I created doorway for my page www.xxx.vc(warning , this is an adult site) and in altavista this site is listed in 4 th place for the keyword "free xxx". This is only because of doorway blaster.

2)Create a press realease, by visiting www.prweb.com(its FREE)

3)Link to related websites by writing some articles(what ever you type becomes an article, but remember to include some keywords and make sure that it have some sence when you read it as a sentence.) which have Good Page rank in google.

•••
Yes, it takes more than code tweaking these days. Make sure you can establish some inbound links from relative content pages

•••
So "Website Evaluations" is one of your keywords huh?
Take my advice I am #1 at Yahoo -

Youre site looks pretty good:
You just need tons of inbound links and better titles-
your so there. dont worry about the software.

might want to read what I said here to:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17306

•••
Re: SEO Software

Originally posted by Karen Harwood
Can anyone recommend a good search engine optimization software tool that will help me to optimize my website?

if what you are looking for is a promotion / submission tool get Addweb site promoter (I use it for Linksubmitter.com and it has done very well for my clients)

when it comes to optimizing your site there is an abundance of information available on the net regarding SEO but the problem is sifting through it all and knowing what is god and what is not. An almost impossible task when you usually don't know where to start.

big things are keyword relevancy and how you layout your content, there are also many tricks and techniques that you can do to make your site more spider friendly.

I suggest this ebook found here

http://www.searchengine-news.com/

entitled: UnFair Advantage Book on Winning The Search Engine Wars

amazing book outlines EVERYING about search engine optimization

the books is 146 pages long and they stay on top of everything every month

cost is $97 but WELL worth it imo

http://www.searchenginehelp.com/senewspeek/ for more info

plus feel free to use

www.linksubmitter.com for Submission and SEO services

www.linksubmitter.com/packages

good luck with it :D

hope this helps

there are no actual SEO programs per say, it's just the same as there are no automatic programs to write you perfect sales copy, research paper, programming code.

SEO is an art and must be learned

hopefully the tools above can help you obtain the information needed to learn this art :)

-Chris

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all your advice.

I went ahead and am now using Webposition Gold. It has done a great job making sure that my page content is optimized correctly and without using so called "tricks" that can get you black balled from a search engine.

For those of you still looking for quick answers, I can tell you that there are none. It takes lots of hard work and resources to correctly optimize your web pages.

The book, Search Engine Visibility by Shari Thurow is another excellent resource for people who are willing to roll their sleeves up and really get the job done. This book is not about merely obtaining top positions in search results. Rather, Search Engine Visibility is about designing, writing, and creating a website primarily for your site's visitors, and helping them find what they are searching for via the major search engines, directories, and industry-related sites.

This book also teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid from the beginning so they can provide their clients with more effective site designs.

Using a search engine keyword suggestion tool to help find keywords that will produce results is also a must. http://inventory.overture.com This tool will find related keyword phase searches and tell you how many times it was used to search the web.

Good Keywords is another free Windows software for finding the perfect set of keywords for your web pages. Knowing the right keywords to target is very important because your site should provide what people are searching for. http://www.goodkeywords.com/

And last but not least, check your current traffic statistics and note what traffic you are already receiving and under what keywords. If you’re not getting the traffic you think you should then revisit your page content, run it through the Webposition Gold software and make any suggested changes. If all looks good here, then you might want to start looking for new keywords.

Thanks Again!

•••
Yes, this software is good to use alongside the old fashione dway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back