IT.COM

Semrush or Spamzilla?

NameSilo
Watch

purre

Impact
Hi,
I am new to all this and still learning about different softwares to use for buying/selling domains.
I have domainhuntergatherer pro and looking for a service where I can get backlink info.
I used Semrush's freetool and found it to be helpful and also read that Spamzilla is a helpful tool for backlink audit and so on.

Which one is better?
Anyone with experience with one of them or both?
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did i post this question in the wrong section or no one that has an input?:xf.grin:

•••
Upvote 0
@purre Mostly everyone uses ExpiredDomains.net.

SpamZilla is more for finding Aged and SEO Domains with quality backlinks.

•••
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply @GoKaizen.
If I want to get info about a domains backlink, is expireddomains.net the way to go?

•••
Upvote 0
I personally use SEMrush every single day. I have it open right now, in fact.
SEMrush is really good for keyword research and finding new domain opportunities. Usually I find a niche topic, then look for keywords that have at least 1,000 searches a month and $5 or higher CPC. Copy the list and check if any of those exact match domains are available for hand reg.
You'd be surprised how many good domains you can find this way.
If someone is willing to pay $5 per click for 1,000 clicks a month then the exact match domain is going to have some value.

•••
Upvote 0
@bhartzer Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.
Do you believe dhg and SEMrush is a good combo is does one make the other redundant?

•••
Upvote 0
i recommend you also check AHRefs
the only problem i find with these tools is that they are expensive, so choose wisely
take care

•••
Upvote 0
I use LinkMiner for manually checking domains for SEO purposes.

I would not rely on the data from ExpiredDomains.net.

Thanks for the reply @GoKaizen.
If I want to get info about a domains backlink, is expireddomains.net the way to go?

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 1
I wouldn't buy domains based on the SEO scores and number of links ExpiredDomains.net shows.

I often see domains that look good but when I manually check the links, all junk or spammy.

Any particular reason why one should not rely on that data?

•••
Upvote 0
@GoKaizen ,
thanks for clarifying but ED gets the data from the top tools in the industry (including MajesticSEO and SEMRush).

Just wanted to point that out, ie. that the metrics you see come from 3rd party tools and not from ED.

•••
Upvote 0
@Hypersot I'm fully aware of where the data comes from. 🙂

@purre ExpiredDomains.net is great for finding domains and pretty much all you need. Just learn to use the filters properly.

•••
Upvote 0
IMO SEMRush and SpamZilla serve different purposes.

SEMRush - Good for keyword research, I don't think you need it as a domain investor.
SpamZilla - DA, PA, and links for GD auction domains. You can go for it if you buy and sell expired domains.

If you want to check links, Ahrefs is much better than SEMRush

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back