IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Creative Domainer

Established Member
Impact
I have a question about selling domains on BrandBucket. Experienced guys are requested to share their opinions.

My domain ITWorld.io is for sale on BrandBucket, the price of this domain ($5495-$6595) is recommended by BB professionals. You know the marketplaces like BB create a logo for your domain and the startups and entrepreneurs visit their site to purchase business names.

So my question is that can my domain ITWorld.io be easily sold on BB with the price mentioned above, or should I use the landing pages of Afternic, dan etc and set the price on my choice ($2000-3000).

What does your experience say?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Wow BrandBucket accepted a non-com .io?

Try them out.

Last edited:
•••
•••
^
Want to know more opinions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
BrandBucket asks for exclusivity for names published in their marketplace.

So, no you can't list your domain in afternic.

•••
You can list it in epik & Afternic, Not in Dan, Sedo

•••
BrandBucket asks for exclusivity for names published in their marketplace.

So, no you can't list your domain in afternic.

Can be list in afternic

•••
I don't think anyone here can tell you if the domain can/can't be sold easily on BB, depends on buyers, it's just speculation.

Note: more than 100K names are listed on BB, most of those names won't be easily sold this year, guess some will never be sold & will eventually be dropped.

I suggest you stop mentioning your name on this forum, buyers may see it. You can use screenshots or mask the name.

If you think the price is too high, you can appeal it. BB will probably adjust the price per your appeal. I am surprised because you chose to go for the max price, not the lower suggested price if the suggested price was a concern to you.

You can't list on other platforms, when you signed up you agreed to these terms, see

https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/sellers#rules_for_sellers

"submitting and accepting your name for listing at BrandBucket you are agreeing to have BrandBucket as the exclusive seller for the duration that a domain name is listed, and transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace for the purpose of circumventing fees that would otherwise be due to BrandBucket is strictly prohibited."

Anyway, it is your name, you decide what you do with it. Good luck

•••
Thanks for sharing your valuable opinion. Yes, I increased the price during the renewal period, and I took this decision after I saw many io domain are listed with so much high prices, and actually my domain was more valuable and generic than others. I thought why I am degrading my domain's value, thence I increased the price. Ad interim, can't say if my decision is correct or not.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think anyone here can tell you if the domain can/can't be sold easily on BB, depends on buyers, it's just speculation.

Note: more than 100K names are listed on BB, most of those names won't be easily sold this year, guess some will never be sold & will eventually be dropped.

I suggest you stop mentioning your name on this forum, buyers may see it. You can use screenshots or mask the name.

If you think the price is too high, you can appeal it. BB will probably adjust the price per your appeal. I am surprised because you chose to go for the max price, not the lower suggested price if the suggested price was a concern to you.

You can't list on other platforms, when you signed up you agreed to these terms, see

https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/sellers#rules_for_sellers

"submitting and accepting your name for listing at BrandBucket you are agreeing to have BrandBucket as the exclusive seller for the duration that a domain name is listed, and transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace for the purpose of circumventing fees that would otherwise be due to BrandBucket is strictly prohibited."

Anyway, it is your name, you decide what you do with it. Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back