IT.COM

question Selling complete sites. What are the key things to focus on?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vanilla

Impact
I recently got into web designing for a couple of friends and clients. I also helped improved their site SEO after some time, and all that got me thinking about building up my own sites and sell them out.

I've personally never bought a complete site before and so I don't know what buyers tend to look for when making such purchases. Here are some of the things that I came across after a bit of research (and some my inquiries):

1) Monthly traffic stats. ( This one is a no brainer. Does only the organic traffic count? Is GA the go to software for tracking?)
2) Website age. ( Is there a minimum age requirement before a site is profitable? Does it really matter as long as I have enough traffic history?)
3) Site earnings.

I appreciate any of your views/comments on the matter.
Arigato.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some software you might be interested in.

Ahrefs.com
Semrush.com
Similarweb.com install their app in your browser via Google app store (free)
Any kind of software that can track your competitors in your niche and see where their backlinks are at. Copy. Rinse and repeat.
Wordtracker

•••
a lot to discuss, depends what kind of site mostly. A blog will always need work to grow but 30 WELL written posts in the right niche is enough to make a living. Depends what kind of writer you are and how users interact with your site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back