NameSilo

Seller-regrets

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, I purchased a few domains from one of the more known people here, he has 1500 listed on his site for sale, so fairly big player I guess. No need to mention the name at this point. He's probably reading along - feel free to join in.

I made an offer, he counteroffered by taking out 1 name, I agreed, paid and domains were pushed.

No big deal.. This was 3 weeks ago..

Then the last couple of days he called my on my home number at 10 pm, then 7 am, then 1 AM (!) to ask for 2 (at first, now 3) domains back - at first for close to free, now with a $xxx price - his reason being that he 'had them for so long' and 'misses them'.

A sceptic person could think he had a huge offer on one of them, but i'm a trusting guy. I am also not a prof domainer, I only buy because I have ideas and plans for the few domains I have - I dont have any for speculative purposes.

Opinions wanted.. Obviously I dont think its professional calling at 10 pm sunday night, 1 AM monday night and at 7 am in the morning.. no matter what timezone you are in, its not business hours. Its also somewhat suspicious that 3 weeks go by and then suddenly its all imprortant.

I dont know.. thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing your story ravan, to tell you the truth it is very odd that someone would do such a thing after they wanted to sell the domain. In my opinion he probably called you at those times to really tell you that he is serious and would like the domains back so he called you at those specific times.

•••
sorry to hear you have night callers...ravan ..unless he lives in a different time zone..:tri: ...very unprofessional and un reasonable......you can always ask the MODS for help!!

•••
I recieved a similiar call around the same time. Good Luck with resolving the issue.

•••
Moral of the story, don't sell?

•••
He/She may very well have had regrets and even perhaps is "missing them", I've been there before myself a few times. However, what I'm concerned about here are those phone calls ... and hours / frequency. I'd need to know more details here obviously, so please feel free to open a new "Private-to-Staff" thread on the matter.
My hope is that there was a misunderstanding or treatable "separation anxiety" / emotions ... and I really can't discern from the information provided above. Out of fairness to the entire membership, I would investigate and attempt to resolve all issues like this fairly and impartially.
Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)

Update: PM's coming in ... and I'm hot on the case, I believe. Thanks for staying cool, friends. :talk:

•••
I think a few people have the same problem with the same guy.. I'll PM you the details as well, but I think you know who it is by now...

•••
If you bought it, it's yours, and if anyone called me during those times, I wouldn't bother talking to them. I guess he should have thought twice before he sold them, if he liked the domains so much. Anyhow, I'm sure CoolHost will resolve everything..

•••
Thanks again, folks ... I have received a LOT of (PM's) input here, and am confident that we're now on the way to permanent resolution (with no future worries of late-night phone calls, etc.).
Sincere apologies to all that were affected (including myself, as too a Buyer of some of the aforementioned domain names). :blink:
Appreciate your patience.
-Jeff B-)

•••
I think he got a better offer. So he is trying to purchase it back from you. Increase the price of the domain which you purchased from you to 15k, he will never call back ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back