hosted.net 3,510 USD
phone.parts 3,000 USD
specs.info 2,666 EUR
newhome.net 2,200 USD
messezimmer.info 2,000 EUR

Courtesy of Raymond Hackney!
https://www.thedomains.com/2017/02/21/sedo-weekly-sales-led-defiant-com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TheNewInternet.com @ $14k is the head scratcher for me.

•••
I give up!! I have domains similar to this list that I bet you if I mention them on NP would get torn apart or get no "love".

I suspect most if not all these domains are simply one in a million end-user who reached out via sedo. Pure luck!

Not a real indicator of a "trend".

Just frustrating as I know I have way better domains than RoanokeCity.com and many others on this list.

If we auctioned our similar domains I doubt we'd get the same results.

•••
I give up!! I have domains similar to this list that I bet you if I mention them on NP would get torn apart or get no "love".

I suspect most if not all these domains are simply one in a million end-user who reached out via sedo. Pure luck!

Not a real indicator of a "trend".

Just frustrating as I know I have way better domains than RoanokeCity.com and many others on this list.

If we auctioned our similar domains I doubt we'd get the same results.
So true. Just shaking my head at some of these names and what they sold for. Are people really so desperate that they'll take anything that ends in com? Or do they just not know any better?

•••
The LLLL .com domain got good prices.
zome - 14,000 USD
tnaa - 5,000 USD
alnl - 3,735 EUR

Two spanish names did really well.
estoybien.com 10,000 USD
apuestas.net 29,000 EUR

A double hyphenated marijuana domain did well too...
t-h-c.com - 3,800 USD

Notice the one gTLD...not bad...but not many.
phone.parts 3,000 USD

Extensions bought this week on Sedo:
com
org
net
info
cx
de
ly
com.ru
me
co.uk
it
io
uk
eu
cn

•••
I bet similar buyers get amazing deals finding NP and you would never even know.

•••
•••
Dang, makes my recent sale of AlPastor.com for 4k a little cheap.. didn't realize spanish domains were going up so much..

•••
It is like this every week, some sales make sense, others don't, and everyone probably has similar domains. Just hold and wait if you believe in your names. Or put reasonable BIN prices on them and see what happens.

•••
It is always good to see domains of all quality selling every week (gives everyone some hope!). Some that don't look good to one person may to another, it's a big world and impossible for us to know all the good words in different languages, acronyms, phrases, etc that have value.

•••
There is nothing to learn from such sales. There are no specific pattern to follow.
Even if we have better domains in our vault, they would get such price only when someone someday would come hunting for them desperately.
We would get such price when endusers wud convince us to sell n not we convince them to buy.

I hav seen people keeping BIN very high even for mediocre domains inspired by sales like above, waiting with false hopes n completely dependent on luck.

•••
Probably end users. The names must fit what they're looking for, even if we don't always understand.

•••
Kind of need alot more info. How many sales per year versus how many total listings. What percentage were brokered, inbound, premium listing, etc.

•••
Plas/ma/norm - 2900...really?

•••
And now what...typos in Spanish? lol

•••
I wish when. Such lists are published they would specify

Auction
Or
Bin purchase.

That way we can be excited for a reason.

Guaranteed majority of these are bin or negotiations between end user and seller.

•••
•••
Sedo doesnt report sales under 2k.

•••
•••
•••
Estoy Bien is indeed the correct form.
"I am good", yes is correct. But I was looking at Rapiddo (quickly), which has the extra "d". Unless you look at it as a twist on "rapid"..

•••
Well, I will not takes side on sales except to say do your research to know why each sale brings the value they do. Each will have it's own circumstance and when you know that for even 10% of them, you will be a better domain'r for it. Almost god-like if you can better predict them. Know your market.
Everyone likes to think they do proper research, but fail to figure out what is a good name and find a end-user in need of them.
Quite simply, A good name brings value to a end-user. Some just end-up overpriced for the prospect of value found for the end-user by over speculating investors.

But the first step is to look at the buyer in any sale.
Were they a end user (they actually found value at the price)
OR
A investor (speculation of future value to a end-user that may not actually be there).

Just look at high value sales of the past and see how many are still in a investors hands.
It's no justification till it lands with a end-user. That is the end game.

Not understanding this leads to more improper valuations by drawing conclusions that are not accurate.
Don't be so quick to judge till you take the time to understand.

Just something to get you thinking down the right track !

•••
Well, I will not takes side on sales except to say do your research to know why each sale brings the value they do. Each will have it's own circumstance and when you know that for even 10% of them, you will be a better domain'r for it. Almost god-like if you can better predict them. Know your market.
Everyone likes to think they do proper research, but fail to figure out what is a good name and find a end-user in need of them.
Quite simply, A good name brings value to a end-user. Some just end-up overpriced for the prospect of value found for the end-user by over speculating investors.

But the first step is to look at the buyer in any sale.
Were they a end user (they actually found value at the price)
OR
A investor (speculation of future value to a end-user that may not actually be there).

Just look at high value sales of the past and see how many are still in a investors hands.
It's no justification till it lands with a end-user. That is the end game.

Not understanding this leads to more improper valuations by drawing conclusions that are not accurate.
Don't be so quick to judge till you take the time to understand.

Just something to get you thinking down the right track !
Would be interesting to see the developed sites.

I bet many some of the buyers just picked them because they liked them. :)

•••
This is very very interesting thenewinternet.com 13,999 USD ?
come on !

•••
niceonline 3500??

I checked and several of the names we're hand regged 1 year ago. Good for the sellers!

See something is real fishy sometimes about these sales. Part of me feels that better domains dont get more "airtime" in the "circuit" as domains like these.

What are they doing that we're not doing? Paying for featured listings? Advertising on domain sites?

Posting on forums ?Linkedin?

Connections?

Broker network?

I mean c'mon this is just crazy. What's the secret?

It can't just be handreg domain and few months later pay for auction. And then deposit fat check.

Edit.

Is it all about who you know? Not what you know? Or even what you do?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back