NameSilo

Sedo Summer GreatDomains Auction - Submit names for free!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

myfavorite

Top Member
Impact
Hello All,

Sedo summer great domain auction is here again. Submission of names have started and it's for free.

Avail yourself this opportunity.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello All,

Sedo summer great domain auction is here again. Submission of names have started and it's for free.

Avail yourself this opportunity.
How?

•••
Screenshot_2018-08-01-02-49-47.png

•••
This might help narrow down domain selection/submission:

SEDO Great Domains.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
This is messed up:

"The domain extension (TLD) of the domain is considered premium and has a history of high-value sales (Such as .com, .net or .de)"

That means no new gltds, new gtld haters.

z5bi5.jpg

•••
It may well mean what you say @JB Lions, although what they say is a "history of high-value sales" and "such as" which is not necessarily exclusive to the three they mentioned. Do they really mean they would not accept a superb word in the .io or the .co extension? I don't know (are Sedo on NPs to elaborate?)

Anyway, their wording (and my legalistic and statistical nature :xf.wink:) caused me to look at what the average price on the Sedo platform only were in different extensions (at least those on NameBio). What I found is that while .com is obviously strong, the average selling price is more consistent across extensions than you might think. The data suggests to me that one could argue that "high value" is in many extensions (and actually in all cases within the standard deviation of each other). The total volume of sales is dominated by com, but the average price much less so. To me "high-value sales" means the latter.

Anyway here are the average sales price results up to today using all time, and only Sedo platform.
  • com $4776
  • co $4426
  • io $3889
  • tv $3516
  • de $3449
  • org $3305
  • all ngTLDs $3106
  • net $3086
  • info $2243
  • biz $2096
To emphasize,these are Sedo only sales average prices. If one includes other venues so registry sales and lower value show up, the ngTLD are higher than com in average price.

If I had to justify on statistical basis that a .de domain name was accepted but a .co was not, it would be a difficult task!

Last edited:
•••
Besides sales price, Volume = demand. We can go back to what new startups are using, they're picking new gltds at around 1%-2% area. That's incredibly low knowing the numbers of new tlds far outnumber the legacy ones, new gtlds before them, .co, .me.

"The domain extension (TLD) of the domain is considered premium"

That would pretty much exclude new gtlds. I could see an exception given if it was something like a book.club type of domain.

We shall see when the auction goes live.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back