Domain Empire

Sedo Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone ever used the "featured domain" on Sedo and if so have you had any luck with selling by using that service?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Featured" at Sedo.com

Don't waste your money!!! I used it a couple of months back. I blinked my eyes, and missed seeing my domain :cy: on the "Featured Page"!!! Ha!!! I'm not kidding!! I think they list it for about 4 hours total before they move it on down, and list the next set!!!
I had it listed, checked it the very next day, didn't see anything, kept waiting...kept waiting.... nothing. They tell me it was already listed!!!! Plus, it didn't help in any way as far as views or clicks.. I get more on those not featured. I was expected, you know, a week or two on the "featured" page. I almost swear I had read somewhere that it was listed for at least a week, maybe it was when Sedo was still www.Sedo.de... anyway,can't find it in writing anywhere... disappeared!!!

If you want to waste your money, go to www.Afternic.com, I think they charge $75.00 there, but at least it is listed on their front page for a full month!! (Or at least it was about a year ago, maybe you should verify first)

Of course, Sedo will try to tell you how "benificial" it will be for your domain.. blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I list all my domains with Sedo, and have sold a couple, but their "Featured" option is strictly a money maker for them, not us, the domain seller. Of course, IMO!!!

"Featured" NOT GOOD!!

Frank

•••
Very good information. Thanks for taking the time to write that down. I think I will pass on it for now and try the Afternic frontpage listing however they have a bit of a waiting list. Afternic went to $95 for 30 days on their featured list but the good news is that they have a waiting list to make sure that you do indeed get your listing for 30 days on the frontpage. Thanks

•••
www.Afternic.com

Yes, at least on www.Afternic.com you will get a full month of "featured" listing. I do believe you will get more advertising for your domain there. Good luck!!

Frank

•••
I used that once.
Don't waste your money

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back