NameSilo

Sedo premium domain brokerage only accepts high quality dictionary generics?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
What are people's views or experiences on Sedo's premium domain brokerage service and the type of names they accept?

A friend of mine sent a premium domain brokerage request for a highly used and searched after product domain name (the name is irrelevant) for which he has already received direct offers in the region of $ xx,xxx (mid). He decided to submit them to sedo domain brokerage and after a few days they declined his request citing that a broker only markets high quality generic domains with a high market potential so they had to decline and also said that his reserve price was unrealistic. Now his reserve price was $xx,xxx - the exact amounts that he has been receiving inbound! yet the sedo domain brokerage service declined it.

He has already negotiated and is about to sell the domain at a $xx,xxx price to someone that contacted him inbound.

Now the point of this thread is can anyone explain how sedo doesn't see value in certain product related domains and doesn't find them high quality.

Can someone explain if sedo's declined premium brokerage request is an actual reflection of a domains worth or are they after something in particular?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a friend of mine who had a similar experience about a year ago. The domain was declined to be listed on Sedo's brokerage service and they told him his pricing was way out.

He sold the domain for, $18 000 (round about - I can't recall the exact figure) a week later.

•••
Anyone else have similar experiences?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back