Dynadot

Sedo Partner Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kaziolas

Established Member
Impact
Did anyone used Sedo Partner Program (affiliate program)? Is it any good? I mean how can you know when your referred person buys a domain? Is it just a trick for them to get more traffic by telling users that they will get 15% commission?

Please give me your thoughts on this who have tried this program.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well that was helpful everybody, thanks

•••
I cant speak for wether they pay commission or not but I have seen names I have being auctioned off linked to different websites for more exposure.
Joe T

•••
Hi

some years back, i used to earn $$ > $$$ a month from SedoPro endorsements.

now, the affiliate programs really don't pay anything, mainly because they eliminated the ability to send the SedoPro invitations.

as those invites generated the bulk of affiliate earnings i received.

though you may still get credit if someone signs up from your code and makes a purchase, but those occurrences don't happen as often as they used to

imo......

•••
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of making some sort of fast domain search website where people interested in buying them would go onto the sedo website. But I dont know if it is worth putting much effort to it

•••
you can always use your aff code in the link to a sedo sales lander, for any of your respective names

imo...

•••
you can always use your aff code in the link to a sedo sales lander, for any of your respective names

imo...

Well I redirect all of my domains to the sedo's offer page, but I believe in some cases people will delete the aff code from the url before they do checkout (dont know if the sedo would register code as soon as they make it to their website and add a cookie or smth or not)

•••
Well I redirect all of my domains to the sedo's offer page, but I believe in some cases people will delete the aff code from the url before they do checkout (dont know if the sedo would register code as soon as they make it to their website and add a cookie or smth or not)

you don't "have to" redirect all your names, you can use redirect as a means for an inquirer, to either submit their offers or "Buy It Now" ...if they ask about pricing.

and....

you'll never know if the inquirer/people will delete the link or if sedo will/won't apply it to your account, unless you try it.

just saying...

imo.....

•••
you don't "have to" redirect all your names, you can use redirect as a means for an inquirer, to either submit their offers or "Buy It Now" ...if they ask about pricing.

and....

you'll never know if the inquirer/people will delete the link or if sedo will/won't apply it to your account, unless you try it.

just saying...

imo.....

I understand that. I was just about to make a project with sedo's partner program. I have asked already sedo how do they track partner id in the url. If they make id as a cookie or session or something when the person lands on the offer page upon redirection from my page it's ok..but if they keep track only by the id in the url its a no go and very stupid of them to do it then.. I am still waiting for the reply from their support knowing they are very "fast" at responding to questions.. By the way I do not think they would be stupid enough for not giving users the commission because you can test it out with your friend buying your domain via referrals and see whether or not you will receive the commission.

•••
I use the partner program. Conversion rates are very very low. I used to send in a lot of traffic, and even in the good days I hardly earned fees. Although I sent in thousands to tens of thousands of visitors monthly, the rewards were low xx to medium xx in the good months.

The new version of the Sedo website does not show you any number of visitors anymore, just the end result in dollars. Now it is just one big guess how high your conversion rate is. Every affiliate program should give decent feedback to it's partners so they have chance of improving the quality of their traffic and the conversion rate. Sedo apparently does not want to give any metrics which for me is a sign that the partner program is not very profitable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back