IT.COM

SEDO Parking 50% fall in Earnings and Traffic - Plan of action?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum :)

For several years we have been parking our portfolio of domains with SEDO Pro.

Up until recently we have never questioned SEDO or optimized any of our domains.

A little investigation into the Parking Reports shows that over the past 12 months, our clicks, uniques and earning have fallen by 50%. I can understand a fall in EPC or a fall CTR (due to the ugly templates) - But a fall in traffic? Makes no sense, especially since our portfolio has grown substantially over the past year.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or seen a similar pattern?

Alternatives to SEDO Pro? Ideally, a company that specializes in domain parking. here are some thoughts:

parkingcrew
voodoo
bodis
domainadvertising (The landing pages look better than most websites out there !)

Is it worth the move?

I look forward to your advice and input,

Thanking in advance,

William

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My Sedo income is 10per cent of what it was 3-4 years ago.

•••
Have you also experienced a fall in traffic to your domains?

•••
Type in traffic has been going down for some time now.

So before if I typed bbc.co.uk in the address bar, now I type bbc in google bar and it gives me the results and I click bbc.co.uk link. No need to remember if that is .com or .co.uk or anything.

And since more and more people access net using mobile phones. more chances of searching instead of typing the whole address. So you lose the type in traffic.

Time to develop the names.

•••
Thank you NetOctave, I appreciate the insight.

So if I understand correctly, the fall in type traffic is something that "everyone" is experiencing at the moment?

Therefore what would you recommend?

Should we park our domains with a different company? Do you recommend any specific company? If yes, what features/benefits do they offer that SEDO Pro does not offer?

We are not yet in the development phase !

Thanking in advance,

William

•••
Hey.

There are very few people in fact .. i can zero people who will say sedo is good in terms of revenue..
Anyways i will not comment if sedo is good or bad..

But i will say that. Try
Voodoo and parking crew if you think templates matters .... as they have offer good templates and design combination..

Bodis right now operate only on single one click lander template.

as your said.. domain sponsor is good in templates... ALERT !!! domain sponsor recently since a month may be have changed some setting according to which you can only use ATLAS one click LANDER of two click LANDER template... if u are using any other template then your name will not show google ads...

Its high time for you to try these new company and earn the extra money which till today date you were losing...

regarding traffic drop.any domain will have a drop after a year or two.. and typin traffic is reducing due many factors...

since google chrome came.. many lost lot of typins... as if u type the wrong name also... it will redirect you to google search.. similarly... coming of tablets and mobile phones also saw big change....

•••
Sedo just came out with Quarterly report and stated that their parking revenue was way down.

I think it is somewhere on their site --I'm sure if you google it--the report will come up.

•••
You should try, and I recommend you do, Voodoo. Revenues are down everywhere, but Voodoo will pay you more than Sedo, in almost all cases.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back