Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Sedo and "TM violations"

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

andriegel

Top Member
Impact
890
Hi All,

I tried to park my new domain name: osama bin laden (dot)US at Sedo today and got their standard "Violates German trademark law..." message.
Doesn't Sedo accept "notoriety" domain names?

Best regards,
Andrew
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
davezan said:
And I'm going to apply for Hitler's briefs! :laugh:

You all suck I am going to apply for Sonic The Hedgehog's speedy shoes!! :lol:
 
0
•••
LMAO!!! This thread has gone to the nazi dogs. I could use a good pair of Naziroos.












"Underwear if you don't get the joke."
 
0
•••
I still dont get the joke..
 
0
•••
That is intersting,A clothing line TM in germany.Hmmm Very interesting.
 
0
•••
davezan said:
I think it's for a clothing line or something.

Designer Berka's...Stylish Flak Jackets...fashionable explosive shoes?
:lol:

I suppose it's only time before Saddam models a new line of designer "tighty-whitey" underwear. Oops, too late...he did that last week. :hehe:
 
0
•••
Back on topic:

I got a note back from Sedo- I think it's weak...

"Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your email.
Unfortunately the domain Osama Bin Laden(dot)us cannot be entered into our system, because we try to avoid domains of a politically sensitive nature.


Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,"
 
0
•••
andriegel said:
Back on topic:

I got a note back from Sedo- I think it's weak...

"Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your email.
Unfortunately the domain Osama Bin Laden(dot)us cannot be entered into our system, because we try to avoid domains of a politically sensitive nature.


Talk about having no backbone.....that's just pathetic lol :)
 
0
•••
Talk about hypocrisy!!
quick edit:

There are PLENTY of other names listed that are MUCH more inflamatory.

Just search a little under controversial topics.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
DnTycoon if you notice its not the lyrics to happy b-day its the restaurants made up lyrics. Check its true
 
0
•••
DomainSlayer said:
DnTycoon if you notice its not the lyrics to happy b-day its the restaurants made up lyrics. Check its true

I'll pay attention the next time i'm in one and they sing..you could be right :)
 
0
•••
Hi Guys:

I got a very nice letter back from Sedo explaining why:

"
Dear Andrew,

"Hello and thanks for your email.
I completely understand your point, and I agree that some of the names on this list could also cause offense.
Therefore I have delisted kill****.com and kill*******.com.
However, the others are not necessarily offensive, and could for example be used for educational purposes and not only to show controversial or offensive material.
With such a huge database, it is difficult to monitor the domains entering our system, and for some reason your domain was rejected by our system, whereas sadamhussein.name was not (this is presumably because Sadam is misspelled).

I apologise for the inconvenience and hope you can appreciate our position on this.

Kind regards,"
 
0
•••
Well lmao your site could be educational about how he destroyed the twin towers lol.
 
0
•••
Maybe you should just develp it into a photo of him with one of those java or flash based shooting gallery games. I'll bet you'd get lots of traffic.
 
0
•••
That's a good idea, Mark!
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back