Dynadot

Sedo account Suspended - What to do now ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hireinternet

Top Member
Impact
Yesterday my Sedo account has been closed , i contacted support said they detect fraud activity in your account . My question is that how to remove domains which were in my account ? These are still showing at Premium price on different registrars . I do not have access in Sedo login .

Any advice ? If any domain sold i will not receive funds or notification .

Thank you in advance .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
simple. just contact with customer support center

•••
If any domain sold i will not receive funds or notification

Even though your names are listed by Sedo, they do not have access to them, so how could they sell them without your approval?

Sedo accuses you of fraud activity and you do not deny because it's right?

•••
Even though your names are listed by Sedo, they do not have access to them, so how could they sell them without your approval?

Sedo accuses you of fraud activity and you do not deny because it's right?
Buddy i was using sedo and many domains listed there with Sedo MLS also had two successful sale as well but yesterday they closed account and emailed me the will not open again . So Question is that if someone buy my domain today where the money will go ? Hope you understand this matter . Regards

•••
They may be cached in the system and may take a few days to disappear from third party sellers..or you could just email sedo support and confirm their deletions?

•••
Buddy i was using sedo and many domains listed there with Sedo MLS also had two successful sale as well but yesterday they closed account and emailed me the will not open again . So Question is that if someone buy my domain today where the money will go ? Hope you understand this matter . Regards

contact customer support.

but if you feel there was mistake and you did not commit fraud.. then instead of writing them to cancel your domains, you can present proof of their mistake and ask for account to be reinstated.

gl

•••
contact customer support.

but if you feel there was mistake and you did not commit fraud.. then instead of writing them to cancel your domains, you can present proof of their mistake and ask for account to be reinstated.

gl
I submitted what they required but no chance of unsuspend . Got this reply after submitted documents .

Thank you for your email.

Your Sedo account has been marked during a security check. To reduce fraud on our domain market place, we periodically perform these checks. Your account has displayed high risk activity and therefore we have decided to suspend your account.

Please note that this measure helps to guarantee a secure and trusted platform and that we will not unsuspend your account again.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team
--

•••
I submitted what they required but no chance of unsuspend . Got this reply after submitted documents .

Your Sedo account has been marked during a security check. To reduce fraud on our domain market place, we periodically perform these checks. Your account has displayed high risk activity and therefore we have decided to suspend your account.

Please note that this measure helps to guarantee a secure and trusted platform and that we will not unsuspend your account again.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team
--

tnx for sharing your case.
its alwyas helpful to others

any idea at all waht went wrong? their email is about as general as they get.

•••
Been clicking on your own parked pages ? That will do it......

•••
tnx for sharing your case.
its alwyas helpful to others

any idea at all waht went wrong? their email is about as general as they get.
No idea , i sold two domains in last two months . Recvd funds on time no any problem like this before . But suddenly they closed account , this is not proper way to close anyone's account without any solid issue . Imo

•••
Was "someone" shill bidding? :sneaky:

If youre worried about the money in the event domain sells through MLS, just move your domains to a different registrar that's not MLS partner.

•••
•••
Was "someone" shill bidding? :sneaky:

If youre worried about the money in the event domain sells through MLS, just move your domains to a different registrar that's not MLS partner.
I have no idea what to do , i wanted to hear from fellow domainers . My names are still showing at premium prices on Sedo MLS partner registrars . Little worried about if in this case any of my name sold today , where the money will go ? Because there is no approval email of domain transfer or etc .

•••
I have no idea what to do , i wanted to hear from fellow domainers . My names are still showing at premium prices on Sedo MLS partner registrars . Little worried about if in this case any of my name sold today , where the money will go ? Because there is no approval email of domain transfer or etc .

give it maybe a day or two to see if they disappear.

I am sure this is not 1st accnt suspension they do.. and they know about removing mls listings

my guess is they delete all your doains from sedo.. whihc automatically removes them from mls.
except they may take 1-2 days to delete.

cheers

•••
And if you're still worried, move your domains
to "NON MLS" registrar like Google Domains ASAP

•••
my guess is they delete all your doains from sedo.. whihc automatically removes them from mls.
except they may take 1-2 days to delete.

cheers

How to remove ? I do not have access to sedo login , Login error its just because they closed my account . Hope names will be removed within 2 days .

Thnx

•••
Have they not told you what kind of fraud activity you are suspected of?

•••
How to remove ? I do not have access to sedo login , Login error its just because they closed my account . Hope names will be removed within 2 days .

Thnx

I tried to say that... given they disable many accounts over years.. they have imo proceudre in place to not make mls sales on disbaled accnts like yours.. so I was saying that they probably delete all your domains.. not you.. they do it.. but maybe they take 1-2 days to delete and/or then it takes 1-2 days more to delete them form all partners

•••
Have they not told you what kind of fraud activity you are suspected of?
They did not mention , i was asked for documents which i submitted but thier system did not allow me to use after review my documents , no parking , no shill bidding . Two recent successful sale , commission paid , money recvd everything ok but they still detect fraud activity . How ?

•••
Strange behavior from the Sedo side - I do not know if they have a representative here who can look at the matter for you, maybee someone else here know?

•••
I recvd two emails from sedo .

" Dear Govind Kumar,

Your Sedo account has been marked during a security check. To verify the authenticity of the contact address details, we require that you send us a copy of your ID (passport, driving license) and proof of your postal address (bank statement, utility bill addressed to you and dated in last 6 months) to [email protected], or simply answer to this email and attach your documents.

Please note, that we will be forced to suspend your Sedo account if we do not receive any response.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team "

I Submitted documents

Second Email :

" Dear Govind Kumar,

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team "

•••
What does it means:

"Your account has displayed high risk activity"

???

"High risk activity" means ALL or NOTHING. Just words. Need proofs.

•••
Try to ask them what kind of high risk activity they have seen - Are there any discrepancies between the information you have given Sedo and the documents you sent to them?

•••
A possible Domain ownership mismatch or you sold a stolen domain or something like that? Looks pretty weird to me. Maybe the cat's not out of the bag yet.

•••
What does it means:

"Your account has displayed high risk activity"

???

"High risk activity" means ALL or NOTHING. Just words. Need proofs.
High Risk is Nothing . I submitted same documents to verify my account when i created account there .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back