Domain Empire

Sedo Account Maintenance Check deleting UK domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Fairly regularly Sedo delete UK names from my account saying they are not active and/or registered. Has been going on for years. I have emailed them a zillion times.

Anyone else?

This is today’s deletion:

Ze.co.uk

Domain Expiry 2024-09-19T13:30:07Z
Domain last updated2023-11-29T10:31:32.263397Z
Domain created2011-09-19T13:30:07Z

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeh
Happen to me also no matter of extension but i add again & all good

•••
This the reply from Sedo - they’re basically saying Nominet’s WHOIS is unreliable:

Thank you for your email.

Your domain has been re-added to your Sedo account.

Please note that the maintenance check is an automated check by our system, which tries to reach the WHOIS of the domain to see if the domain is still listed in the account of the rightful owner. If the WHOIS is not reachable at this moment for some reason, the domain gets deleted automatically, which, unfortunately, we can't stop.

We apologize and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team
Security & Compliance

•••
Mind you and do please tell me If I'm wrong, But I'm getting the impression, from the dates disclosed above. That the example given was renewed 70 days after its expiration. Although this is within the 3 month grace period allowed by Nominet, All services including domain resolution to nominated name-servers is cancelled after 30 days. The redirect by Nominet then only shows Nominets nameservers and the message "This domain has been suspended" or "Requires renewal , Please contact your domain registration service"

Hence Sedo removal message is correct. The domain is NO longer Active. So if this scenario is correct, save yourself a zillion emails and Renew within 30 days of expiration and you will have no problem.

The Sedo removal is NOT exactly after 30 days (as with the Nominet redirect) it is as and when they run their check. And yes, after renewal, you are back to having to re-enter you domain listing again to reactivate your Sedo listing.

This applies even if you are not using Sedos nameservers

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back