IT.COM

question Search volume : How to validate with end user?

NameSilo
Watch

Aguarella

Established Member
Impact
One of the outbound strategies I use is to send information about search volume. I take the numbers from Google Keyword Planner and write a simple paragraph like :

"The domain is available for $xxxx. There are 3.600 people searching for "engagement rings" in your area every month."

They usually come back with the obvious question :
"how do i know how many people have been visiting this domain?" or : "how can I validate this traffic is true?"

And I follow up explaining it's from Google, and send them a screenshot(.jpg) from inside Keyword Planner highlighting the keywords and search volume.

QUESTION 1 :
What would you recommend? Is there a better way to marketing/validate search volume and traffic?

QUESTION 2 :
Would you go as far as getting on a Skype call educating the end user by walking him thru Google Keyword Planner?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Search volume and actual traffic are two different things. Either park the domain, or host it then you'll have some traffic stats for your domains. But the domain may have no traffic at all, other than bot visits.

I find that mentioning metrics like search volume in the sales pitch is risky, because people think the domain actually gets traffic, now you have to explain the difference between the two. Worse, you probably have no traffic stats to show. Thus you are killing your own sales pitch. Better say nothing. A good name speaks for itself. As long as it is relevant for your target end user, they should see the value in the name.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back