Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Search bot IP ranges and AOL users proxy help needed.

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

bliss

VIP Member
Impact
15
Anyone know where I can pick up a list of the search bots IP ranages? Also, what the deal with aol users and the proxy. I have tried to get thier real IP by doing the x_forward, but it still returns the aol proxy's IP address. I am tring to do a who is online script, but the aol users on my site are showing as 2~5 users because each time they view another page thier IP changes. They are not registered users (I can track regular users just fine), it's the unreg aol users that I am having problems with. Also, the search engine ip ranges would be very helpfull in telling if it is a user or a search bot. Rather validate at the IP level instead of the user agent level, since both can be spoofed I figure the IP used to compared to the reverse dns would be easier to spot a real bot vs a user spoofing a user agent.

thanks for any links or help you can give over the subject.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back