NameSilo

Screensaver Alert - Virus

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received this alert in my email today and thought I would pass it along.

"Someone is sending out a very cute screen saver of the Budweiser Frogs.

If you download it, you will lose everything! Your hard drive will crash and someone from the Internet will get your screen name and password!

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

It just went into circulation yesterday.

Please distribute this message. This is a new! , very malicious virus and not many people know about it. This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft. Please share it with everyone that might access the Internet.

Once again, Pass This Along To EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped. AOL has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy for it at this time. "

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
someone from the Internet will get your screen name and password!

It could be you *Insert national Lottery Logo here*

•••
sounds more like a chain email rather than a virus alert. Check msn and AOL to see if they backup their claim.

•••
Ok, Thanx. Will do. It sounded that way to me too, but hey, it doesn't hurt to alert people incase it is real.

Sorry...
Apparently it was a chain letter. I can't find anything to back it. If the mods want to delete this post, I completely understand. I actually feel foolish for believing it. Sorry everybody..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back