status-resolved Scammer Alert?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Billym0351

Established Member
Impact
User in question:
Nid Kad

I am fairly certain that this user is up to no good and is here to steal money via PayPal from fellow members of NamePros. He insists I send a $2050 first before he transfers a lot of 4L domains and refuses to use a escrow. Normally I wouldn't find this toooooo suspicious however his only trade feedback comes from a user whose account was created the same day his was and they both type exactly the same.

I strongly urge a admin to check the IP address of the two users in this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/vrproducts-xyz.997124/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Offer to pay escrow
If no, walk.
You should have more evidence of intent before suggesting wrong doing.
Like the whois on the domains. do they match?
Where are they located?
Have you contacted the registry to confirm seller?

•••
Offer to pay escrow
If no, walk.
You should have more evidence of intent before suggesting wrong doing.
Like the whois on the domains. do they match?
Where are they located?
Have you contacted the registry to confirm seller?
I'm a admin myself on a pretty popular forum and I'm fairly confident if you check the IPs of those two users they will match. Anybody can copy and paste a list of domains that all belong to the same user. A admin should check into this. It couldn't be more obvious, I want to have this solved before someone loses big money to this guy.

•••
I'm a admin myself on a pretty popular forum and I'm fairly confident if you check the IPs of those two users they will match. Anybody can copy and paste a list of domains that all belong to the same user. A admin should check into this. It couldn't be more obvious, I want to have this solved before someone loses big money to this guy.
I get your point of matching ips. These days trade feedback is a weak indicator anyway. Pros with 100% pos have scammed people
The trade feedback could be a friend using his computer to post too. Not to say this is the case though.
Trusting a paypal transaction in that amount is just dumb unless you personally know the person.

•••
@Billym0351 - if you are using the NP PM system to negotiate and the member is not following rules, please invite a moderator to your conversation. If you are discussing a deal outside of NP, please start a PM conversation with the user in question so that NP moderators can be involved. If you wish to report suspicious activity, use the "Report" button on the post in question, whether it be in a thread or in a private message.

Moderators are unlikely to be aware of this thread unless you PM them or tag them directly

You have every right to refuse to make a deal if the seller is asking for questionable or unsecured payment and transfers - seconding the advice of @168 - if no escrow WALK!

Good luck!

•••
Well interested to see the result now.

•••
User in question:
Nid Kad

I am fairly certain that this user is up to no good and is here to steal money via PayPal from fellow members of NamePros. He insists I send a $2050 first before he transfers a lot of 4L domains and refuses to use a escrow. Normally I wouldn't find this toooooo suspicious however his only trade feedback comes from a user whose account was created the same day his was and they both type exactly the same.

I strongly urge a admin to check the IP address of the two users in this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/vrproducts-xyz.997124/

My opinion, among many others and probably varied from others but here goes: Buyer refuses to use escrow = walk away from deal as far as I am concerned. I personally never transact domain business using Paypal after a hard lesson learned many years ago as a seller. Paypal has screwed me over, my wife, my friends (latter two not domain deals but eBay deals) and I wont give them a dime of my business anymore. But most importantly: no escrow = no deal, no matter how small the sale is.

•••
The IPs wont match. NP has automatic flags for this type of thing. Most scammers here are more sophisticated than using the same IP for multiple accounts.

Need at bit more work to uncover them. But they have the tools.

•••
Yes, indeed, another scammer ...
They just love to feed off us like vampires ... Accept our blood is green ... #screwscammers

•••
A reminder to any new domainers that may read this. No matter the situation, no matter the deal...if the amount is over a few hundred, it is highly risky to complete a transaction without escrow.

Not advisable!

•••
•••
Thanks for the heads up.

I started my investigation a little bit ago and have identified the accounts as duplicates. The accounts have been closed and noted for further investigation.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back